Lubbock County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Bob, I’m afraid we are stuck with having to deal with these uninformed wackos. I’m just so sick of biased tree huggers who are clueless. Oh well…

A story on Sharon Wilson, one of the WTAP speakers:

Shale Gas Watchdog: Sharon Wilson Fills Void Left by Industry Lapdogs

A Sharon Wilson quote from that article:

For example, one neighbor will say, “There was a horrible toxic chemical release last night. Two of my children woke up with bloody noses. I have a rash. My husband has a headache,” Wilson explained. “And then they’ll say, ‘Funny thing, I had a rash last night too.’ And then they’ll start connecting the dots. Organizing by neighborhood and community is probably one of the best ways to go as far building an opposition.”

We basically haven’t had any real shale results announced and they are already here. Depressing.

Okay…just because someone is breaking wind at night in his sleep, that doesn’t mean that fracking was the cause of the problem…Eat some bean-o with your frijoles…LOL…

look at the cline shale group (about lubbock)

Four Sevens’ Teal well shows the 24 hour test at 55 BOPD. I have not found any additional production data, is anyone hearing anything?

geologist trucks working 1585 west of slaton yesterday and today

I was told that you could see a rig running from 1585 back towards lubbock’ looking from west to east which would be north of ropes I will look on rrc for permit later today

Does anyone know if 4 Sevens still has a drilling rig running North of Lubbock?

Thanks for the info. I will check it out also.

Enduro Operating LLC has been issued 4 permits in Lubbock County. 1 is west almost on the county line, 1 at Frankfurt and Woodrow Rd, 1 at County Rd 2200 and Woodrow Rd and 1 at Hwy 41 and CR1440. Is anyone seeing any activity?

WOW, this really sounds great, Me and 2 brothers and 2 cousins had been recently informed that we are the mineral rights owners of approx 463 acres on 3 seperate properties, they are all on Woodrow Rd. We have signed leases with Enduro. Some were $550 per acre @25% royalties and others at $400 per acre at 23%. Sure hope something comes of it.

As good as this may sound, it is a VERTICAL well in a legacy formation - the Clearflork according to the information that I have seen. There are pockets of the Clearfork that have produced for years in Hockley, Lubbock, Hale, and many other counties. These are often good, solid, long-lasting wells. However, this tells us absolutely nothing about the viability of the Cline or possible explosion of drilling in the area. This is not shale and not horizontal drilling. One well does not a boom make, especially if it’s a formation that is has been known and produced for years. They may have a nice little conventional field, but we need some information about the Cline, irregardless of what the well-intentioned article implies.

JW - I agree that one good vertical conventional well would be nice but would not justify the excitement of the quotes in the article. I read the article a little differently, that the vertical well was exploratory and the greatest excitement was about what they found in the well logs (very promising for horizontal follow up perhaps?), not the well itself. I didn’t think that there were many legacy wells in the area at 10,500 ft like this one. If that’s right, then this could be a more significant new discovery.

Without numbers and specifics we can’t know too much yet except that either the Enduro folks are really excited about whatever they found or someone is trying to give the stock a bump. No one should quit their day job yet, that’s for sure.

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2013-03-20/drilling-boom-lubbock

JW

What information have you seen, and where did you see it? Also, is Enduro even a public company?

DJ

I have some mineral rights in Lubbock County but have never received any offers except to sell. Who should I contact about leasing if there is any interest now that Lubbock County is starting to get some potential activity.

Whatever you do, don’t ever sell your mineral rights, they can be passed down to other generations. Or family made that mistake on a 146 acre cotton farm we owned. In order to meet our price the buyer wanted a 50% interest in the mineral rights with executive privledge. Not knowing any better we did. ouch!!! Eduro leased it for 3years (2 year option) for approx $81,000. We still have 50% interest but still…

On other mineral rights we have we were contacted by The Caffey Group here is some contact info:

Jason Ragsdell

Landman

The Caffey Group, L.L.C.

309 W. 7th St. Ste. 1300

Fort Worth, TX 76102

817-348-9766 ext. 111

817-689-0243 cell

Hopefully this helps.

Sometimes people think they have the mineral rights but it does not show that way in the Lubbock County records. That is what Landmen do they research the records and usually they will contact you.

After reading the article in the AJ I was stumped as to what the Cy-Jack field was, I had never heard of it. After doing a little research I came accross a company named Wagner and Brown who made a discovery last year 13 miles NW of Brownfield and field a new field discovery with the RRC naming it the Cy-Jack field after their founders Cy Wagner and Jack Brown.