Lubbock County mineral rights

Anyone hear of Black Diamond? They are offering us a price on our mineral rights and wanted to know what's going on in the area as far as oil and gas drilling. Not ready to take the first offer. I received advice from a friend/Landman who has paid up to $2500 per acre for large tracts of land in West Texas, standard 3 year lease, 25% royalty and 2 year option. Sounds like some are being offered $500 -850 per acre in this area for similar tracts of land in the 160 acre range. Any truth to this? Trying to do my homework. Check Texas Railroad Commission to see who's drilling or what kind of activity is happening. It's seems all "Greek" to me at this point. Thanks for any advice.

You are wise to learn more before leasing. This is not the same thing as leasing to a farmer. Far, far from it. You might want to visit Don't Sign That Lease Yet, for example, and other similar websites.

Thanks...I've been researching all day. Hopefully collecting good information to work with.

I have a friend who has given a lease for $550/acre with a quarter royalty plus a two year option after the three year lease terminates.

The acreage is only 11 acres and is three miles west of Wollforth.

Hope this helps.

You should do as much research as possible, but I will warn you that while very well intentioned, and often more due to the manner of phrasing than actual erroneous information, some of the stuff I read on forums is incorrect. There is always the risk that the offer will be rescinded but generally, waiting is the way to get what you want. The issue is you need to know what you can get, and what you need to be careful of as far as lease terms are concerned.