Loving County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Building on Wade's comments, composite plugs are set to isolate each frac stage after it is completed as the operator moves uphole to do additional fracs. These plugs are drillable and this is normally done with coiled tubing. Once the plugs are drilled out, the flowback operations will begin from all the frac'd intervals in the lateral.

This can be a touchy process and sometimes problems do occur. But hopefully not here

Mr. Browne, Production numbers are usually at best a couple of months behind, and many operators have been known to not report their production numbers for as long as possible. I checked on your well and nothing is available right now. The status remains 'drilling in progress'.

Found production info on Tx RRC site for your well. This is probably production from the post frac flowback period and more than likely a period prior to having to shut the well (to wait on pipeline hook up?).

Jan 2015 - 2994 BO

Feb 2015 - 8197 BO

March 2015 - 2124 BO

No gas reported. All oil was trucked off location and nothing was in storage on location at end of March.

RRC ID for this well is 793594 (best way to search for new production - April will post in June). Well is in District 8 and it is still listed in "pending" category. Anadarko's operator number is 020528.

Below is the link to the Tx RRC production site to find data - I would suggest you use the top option (Lease production search).

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/PR/publicQueriesMainAction.do

Thank you Rock Man.

Rock Man,

I am trying to do some research about our mineral acres (C24, Section 12). I followed your directions for Mr. Browne, but I am not sure what the RRC ID # is. Is there an easy way to find that number looking at the permit or the lease agreement itself? I may be confusing this RRC # with the operating lease #. Thanks again for all your help.

You will not find a well ID number in lease agreement or permit - it is assigned after a well is put to sales.

Best way to try to find the specific well ID is to look up the production by operator number (there is a huge EXCEL file in the prod search section of Tx RRC site - in the middle search option). Then if the well is producing and listed, there will be an ID number listed with it.

This is what I did for Mr. Browne's well to find his well ID.

Confusing - yep! One would think that the Tx RRC would be more user friendly but it isn't (to me at least).

Tx RRC production queries will show monthly production for wells. I will see if I can find a "representative" well for your area. But remember that there are a ton of variables that impact O&G volumes

Checked what I believe is the nearest comparable production about 3 miles to the ESE (Apache). Best well there made 175,000 BO & 400 MMCF in first 13 months. But another well in same block made "only" 40,000 BO & 300 MMCF in same time period.

Thanks Rock Man.

Rock Man,

I was able to locate the production by operator number on the TX RRC page. Our well, operated by Matador, is C-24, Section 12 (Jackson Trust). I don't think it is producing yet, but I know the data is a couple of months behind.

Would you recommend subscribing to any of the "drilling info" sites for additional, more up-to-date information? Most of these pay sites are quite expensive, and I feel I can find most of the information (eventually) on the TX RRC site. Also, we don't have that many properties to research.

Thanks again for all your help.

Pay sites like DrillingInfo.com get their data from the Tx RRC - so March is the most recent data that they would have (eventually) during the month of May.

I would recommend that you focus on figuring out the Tx RRC maze and use that free site

Hello Rock Man, Could you please check the well production for my well as I can never get any results. The information you gave me a while back is. RCC ID-793594 Dist-8 Bollander 33-95 Well #1Api #42-301-32308

Thank You

Got this straight from the Tx RRC site:

May 2015: 13,996 BO / 60,947 MCF
June 2015: 10,576 BO / 49,009 MCF

July 2015: 14,990 BO / 66, 512 MCF

August data should post in early October.

Loving County - All of section 13, Block c-26 PSL Ab #1294 - Our family has many leases but they are all renewals and were all ORRIs originating from my granddad (a landman) in the 40s and 50s. Those leases never change and their terms are all the same so we just sign division orders when they come in. This new offer is for an undeveloped parcel we didn't even know we had. I have no idea how to read this darn thing. Pipeline expense? Oil treatment costs? We never had production expense before on an ORRI. Who can I talk to? (paying gig)

Talk to an oil and gas attorney. Many offer free initial consultations to ensure that you aren't being taken for a ride.

I was contacted by a mother/daughter team calling themselves Yucca Energy out of Midland/Abilene. They seem like scam artists wanting to buy up mineral acres from naive or desperate mineral rights' owners. It appeared they were reading lines from a script right off an episode of American Greed. They wanted to buy up all I own in Loving County at an insultingly low price. Add to that, the check they sent wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on.

Has anyone heard from Yucca Energy or know anything about them?

I have seen references to Yucca Energy having leases and minerals for sale in various counties in the Midland Basin over the past few years. They appear to be just one of a number of "land broker" groups that flourished in the Permian during $100 oil times - many have "died off" but some still keep trying to make deals. What you described as their approach is the normal way to get some people to sell - and then they flip these minerals for a net profilt.

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

Any knowledge out there on bonus rates for Sec 35, Block 76. Saw previous post by C. Gifford for $2000/acre.

Does anyone know the going rate for leasing in Secion 14, Block 2, A1021? Any information on bonus money or activity in the area would be appreciated.