Lost in West Virginia

I have interest in approx 102 acres in Marshall County West Virginia, which was under contract with Chevron. After tell us last August that the good news was that they were going to drill and royalties would be coming, In December they announced that they were suspending operations in the West Virginia and Pennsylvania area and looking for a new buyer…Has anyone heard any news? I can not seem to be able to get any news from Chevron. Any help would be appreciated .

Welcome! I would like to hear about this situation also. Last month I received a tiny Shut In payments from Chevron for two leases in Marshall County that to my knowledge have not been drilled. Their letter made vague reference to potential sales.

ello Sharon,

Our lease was up with Chevron back in August 2019 and the said they were optioning to drill and told us that we would be getting royalties. In December 2019 I got a news story from a Pittsburgh paper saying Chevron was pulling out of the West Virginia/ Pennsylvania market and the area was up for sale…I called and spoke to Chevron in Pittsburgh and they confirmed it… since then I have heard zero news.

Sharon,

If you are getting shut-in payments, then your lease(s) have likely been developed. Have you tried locating your lease acreage on the WVDEP well viewer website?

Rachel

Justafox & Sharon,

Here is a recent article about the potential sale.

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2020/06/22/chevron-restarts-natural-gas-divestiture-process.html

Hope this helps!

~Rachel

Thank you Rachel! Its a little more info than I had …every little bit helps!!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.