Looking for Advice

I now have 2 opffers on the table. Schonwald is offering $200/acre bonus, 3/16 royalty for 5 years. I understand they intend to drill horizontal wells thru Barnett Shale.

My second offer is from Sam B. Rose (probably for Tiger Eye and is $250/acre, 3/16 Royalty for 3 years. I understand they plan on vertical drilling.

Schonwald, although admitting, bias tells me he thinks I have a better chance of monetary gain from the horizontal drilling.

Jacque,

I agree with Schonwald on the 'better chance of monetary gain' in the long run. Just my opinion.

Clint Liles

Tiger Eye has actually drilled and completed wells in your area. They have also spent a great deal of money on seismic testing in that area.

Tiger Eye is a known player with good results. Even if it is just vertical.

Who is Schonwald and who are they leasing for leasing for? Maybe they are just hoping to flip it to a big operator.

I'd want more information on Schonwald. Just my opinion.

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15242552143/schonwald-land-inc-oklahoma-city

Susie, the landman told me they were leasing for Zypher in Oklahoma City.

Susie Osborne said:

Tiger Eye has actually drilled and completed wells in your area. They have also spent a great deal of money on seismic testing in that area.

Tiger Eye is a known player with good results. Even if it is just vertical.

Who is Schonwald and who are they leasing for leasing for? Maybe they are just hoping to flip it to a big operator.

I'd want more information on Schonwald. Just my opinion.

Looked on the Oklahoma Corp Comm. site for wells with Zypher as the operator. Nothing came up.

I leased to Sam Rose. Tiger Eye is doing extensive work in Tillman county and recently finished a well for my family. I've heard reports of someone going to come in and offer $500 ac and all other sorts of stories. I've decided to stay with the company that is already proving itself in Tillman county. $250.00 for 3 and 3/16 is a pretty good deal in my books. You know the old saying, "study long study wrong".

I am leased to Kiowa Energy. And I agree with Craig Gaines.

Craig Gaines said:

I leased to Sam Rose. Tiger Eye is doing extensive work in Tillman county and recently finished a well for my family. I've heard reports of someone going to come in and offer $500 ac and all other sorts of stories. I've decided to stay with the company that is already proving itself in Tillman county. $250.00 for 3 and 3/16 is a pretty good deal in my books. You know the old saying, "study long study wrong".

Many thanks to you all for responding to my request, it was very helpful. I have not comitted but am leaning toward the Sam B. Rose offer, the 3 year term being the most important in my mind.

Fyi-talking to Sam B Rose's offthis morning, they told me they had decided to start leasing in that anea and the office was working several leases there this morning. Maybe the old town of Frederick can boom again.

Thought the Group would be interested:

I received a 3rd offer to lease in the mail today from "Kelly Management Corporation For T. S. Dudley Land Company. Says their client is interested in leasing as much land as possible in this area as soon as possible with the intent of exploring for oil and gas in the near future. Their offer is one of two options: $150, 3/16, 3 years or $200, 3/16. 5 years. I probably will return the mans call Monday.

Seems like activity is really picking up. Maybe I should wait a while an see what happens.

Jacque Crass said:

Many thanks to you all for responding to my request, it was very helpful. I have not comitted but am leaning toward the Sam B. Rose offer, the 3 year term being the most important in my mind.

Fyi-talking to Sam B Rose's offthis morning, they told me they had decided to start leasing in that anea and the office was working several leases there this morning. Maybe the old town of Frederick can boom again.

Hi I thought I would join the discussion, I own the farm land around the cemetary in Davidson and some land on the east side of the highway. Use to be Robey land before I got it. I leased my land to Rose oil but I did not get as much as you all were offered..... did get the 3 year lease. Wish I had seen this site before I sign but didn't. I was interested in the total package of all my mineral rights and Rose was the one who offered that to me. The one other offer only wanted to lease the cemetary land only. Hope they do try to drill and hit oil but who knows: my brother Jay Robey Smith always said there was no oil in Tillman county and I guess he has been proven wrong this year!!!

Jacque Crass said:

Thought the Group would be interested:

I received a 3rd offer to lease in the mail today from "Kelly Management Corporation For T. S. Dudley Land Company. Says their client is interested in leasing as much land as possible in this area as soon as possible with the intent of exploring for oil and gas in the near future. Their offer is one of two options: $150, 3/16, 3 years or $200, 3/16. 5 years. I probably will return the mans call Monday.

Seems like activity is really picking up. Maybe I should wait a while an see what happens.

Jacque Crass said:

Jacque -

I have also received two offers for the mineral rights on my land in Tillman County, one from Schonwald and one from TS Dudley, both offering $150 per acre for 3yrs and 3/16 royalty. Do you have a contact name and phone# for someone with Sam B Rose so I could reach out to them?

John,

The person I have delt woth at Sam B. Rose is Cassandra Dansby, Phone is 405-360-2923, located in Norman, Okla. My original contact with Rose was regarding a Peermit for Geophysical operations, said they were not intereested in leasing but later changed their mind. Am waiting to hear back from Dudley's landman.

Was yiur offer from Schonwald made recently? I tried hard to get them to make me a 3 year offer and they would not budge from 5. They are aware I have an offer from Rose of $250/3 yr. and Kelley (for Dudley) of $150/3yr. Just curious of these offers have made them reconsider.

John Rotramel said:

Jacque -

I have also received two offers for the mineral rights on my land in Tillman County, one from Schonwald and one from TS Dudley, both offering $150 per acre for 3yrs and 3/16 royalty. Do you have a contact name and phone# for someone with Sam B Rose so I could reach out to them?

My family as minerals in Tillman County. I have its legal description and am curious about where drilling might be going on as well as production near by.

Regards

John

If you will post the legals I will check for you or you can go to the OCC website and look at the drilling permits and completed wells in your area.

Susie Osborne

Jacque, my son responded with some wrong information, as he thought the offers from the two companies were the same. I actually received the same from Schonwald, $200/acre, 5 yrs, 3/16 royalty. Sorry for the confusion this may have caused.

Thank you for the information on Sam Rose, as i have contacted them but have not had any response to date.

Jacque Crass said:

John,

The person I have delt woth at Sam B. Rose is Cassandra Dansby, Phone is 405-360-2923, located in Norman, Okla. My original contact with Rose was regarding a Peermit for Geophysical operations, said they were not intereested in leasing but later changed their mind. Am waiting to hear back from Dudley's landman.

Was yiur offer from Schonwald made recently? I tried hard to get them to make me a 3 year offer and they would not budge from 5. They are aware I have an offer from Rose of $250/3 yr. and Kelley (for Dudley) of $150/3yr. Just curious of these offers have made them reconsider.

John Rotramel said:

Jacque -

Thanks, here are the legals, I am considering driving up there tomorrow from Dallas area. Your comments are appreciated on if this is active or future etc.

the North Half of the Southwest Quarter (N/2 SW/4) of Section 16-Township 3 South, Range 18 West in Tillman County, Oklahoma The property is located southwest of Frederick. From the intersection of Oklahoma Hwy 5 and US Hwy 183 in Frederick, the property is south on 183 a distance of 7 miles, then west on a county road a distance of 3 miles

Thanks again

John
Susie Osborne said:

If you will post the legals I will check for you or you can go to the OCC website and look at the drilling permits and completed wells in your area.

Susie Osborne

We have an offer to lease minerals on this track. $75 bonus, 1/4 production for 3 year lease.

There is a lot of activity about 3 miles west of you in Secs 12, 11, 1 and 7 -Township 3S- Range 19W. Tiger Eye has drilled several wells in that area.

Also, my cousin, Don Dunham, owns the land on the south end of Sec 16. If you know Don, he lives on Sec 16 and keeps up with the activity in that area.

John Wakefield said:

Thanks, here are the legals, I am considering driving up there tomorrow from Dallas area. Your comments are appreciated on if this is active or future etc.

the North Half of the Southwest Quarter (N/2 SW/4) of Section 16-Township 3 South, Range 18 West in Tillman County, Oklahoma The property is located southwest of Frederick. From the intersection of Oklahoma Hwy 5 and US Hwy 183 in Frederick, the property is south on 183 a distance of 7 miles, then west on a county road a distance of 3 miles

Thanks again

John
Susie Osborne said:

Susie Osborne

Has your cousin had any offers for his minerals or does he just own the land? The offer I have is an active offer..

Where would you go if you were me tomorrow to speak with someone familiar with active in that area, anyone?

Regards

John