Logan County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

ALJ, Osage is drilling north out of 11 into the section above Sec 2. Woodford wells. So for now, no perfs in 11. But they may use the same pad later and drill south into 11. Hang in there.

What are some of the legal on the Wehlu unit?

Does anyone have any recent information regarding Section 11-16N-03W? Haven’t seen anything posted in awhile. Thanks!

J, An O/G company can and will pay you without a DO, but they may not be paying you the correct royalty interest. Make sure your interest is absolutely correct before you sign a Division Order. OK NARO recommends sending the operating company a NADOA Division Order form with the following language added: THIS INSTRUMENT DOES NOT MODIFY OR AMEND THE TERMS OF ANY OIL AND GAS LEASE, ALL ROYALTIES DUE AND PAYABLE UNDER ANY OIL AND GAS LEASE SHALL BE CALCULATED AND PAID AS PROVIDED IN THE LEASE. THIS DIVISION ORDER IS EXECUTED WITHOUT CONSIDERATION AND MAY BE REVOKED AT ANY TIME. http://www.nadoa.org/Forms/div_ord.pdf

Here’s more info on Division Orders that mineral owners need to know;

http://www.mineralweb.com/owners-guide/leased-but-not-producing/div…

Also, I never cash the royalty checks until I’m sure of my interest.

How do you find out when the well went into production? Thanks guys

Got a royalty check from Devon today. I thought you had to sign a Division Order First??? Is this true or not?

J, Correction, There should be a period after “THIS INSTRUMENT DOES NOT MODIFY OR AMEND THE TERMS OF ANY OIL AND GAS LEASE.”

J Layman,

I wouldn’t cash the check till I sent a DO. Like Martha said, how do you know if you are getting the right amount and who are they paying?

You can call OCC, 405-521-2613 and ask them.

You will need your legal, well name if you know it. They can give you the date of the first sale of oil or gas, purchases name and #. Ask them how to look it up on line. Also, OK tax office has some information.

'Looks like my interest in mineral rights has been turned over to an “interpleader”. 'anyone have any thinking or experience as to how long it takes for an interpleader to solve issues regarding mineral rights?

Virginia, I know, the legal, well name, daily rate and first date of sale. 'As issues of mineral right ownership exist have now caused an “interpleader”, I was wandering how long it takes for issues of this sort to be sorted out.

Mr. Barnes,

Yep, I’m sure you know the company. A relative has the “records” but is not proactive in solving the issue. The well is no big deal ( app. 20 bbls per day ) but it has been over a year and a half now as of first prod… I hate that it had to go into interpleader. I’m sorry to be vulgar but at this point I just wander when I may get a check.

JL, don’t bother the OCC. You can look it up yourself.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Use leading zero if needed. You are looking for 1002A, the completion report. It will have the fist date of production. Also, frequently the PUN which you can use to look up the production sales.

https://www4.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/PublicSearchPUNbyLega… They will be from 4-6 months behind.

KJ, we are in the same boat. I have a call with my attorney on the same thing tomorrow. Will report back. I’ll bet I can guess the company as well……better get your records together.

Ron McKenzie I had a question that I would like to pm you. Thanks.

Virginia, Reports indicate that it’s the reactivation of the magma flows that are causing the earthquakes. New magma goes into the old flows and recharges the oil and gas basins. It’s a island forming build up volcanic activity caused by tectonic plates subducting (moving under) each other. It won’t stop the drilling. The drilling could help relieve the pressures. It’s so amazing what is happening right now.

Virginia, It’s late and I correct myself. Payne is on the East side of the Nemaha and Garfield is on the West side.

Martha,

Do you think the earth quakes they had near Stillwater, Perry & Enid will shift the oil. Is this part of the Nemaha fault zone? I heard the one W SW of Perry was 4.1 or 4.2. Then they had several after that in the 2. ?. I hope my farms are on the right side if it’s draining the oil.

Virginia, the Nemaha fault zone runs almost straight down the middle of OK on the west side of Payne Co and Garfield Co is on the east side of the Nemaha. The oil and gas migrates up the fault. Pressures may be to high for drilling in some areas on the ridge right now.

Oilfield Joke: I’m Going to be an Oilman, like my Daddy…

u welcome Martha :slight_smile:

we need to laugh also sometime in stressful atmosphere.