Liquids-rich Haynesville?

Is there liquids-rich gas in the Haynesville Shale? I’ve heard rumors in both Panola County, TX and Desoto/Sabine Parish area.

I am not sure what you mean when you say liquids-rich gas. The Haynesville Shale is A geologic formation containing natural gas located in Northwest Louisiana and East Texas. The Haynesville has been estimated to be the largest natural gas field in the continental U.S. with an estimated 250 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas.

Wet gas is when the produced gas contains liquid hydrocarbons such as a very light weight oil, in the old oil fields there were drip Pots, used to catch the very light liquid hydrocarbons. This drip was in some cases around 80 octaine. As a kid growing up in south Louisiana, we could go to these fields and the pumper would give us 5 to 10 gallons of the drip, we would then put it in our old cars, add some 90+ octaine gasoline and it would run great. No addatives back then, white gasoline. I do notice that most of the well sites around Pelican have liquid tanks located on the well pads, that kind of indicates they do have some liquids being produced.

Claude Whitaker said:

I am not sure what you mean when you say liquids-rich gas. The Haynesville Shale is A geologic formation containing located in Northwest Louisiana and East Texas. The Haynesville has been estimated to be the largest natural gas field in the continental U.S. with an estimated 250 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas.

Thanks Larry, I am going to check into that Reagan’s question on the liquids. I am now curious.

Yes for dry gas to be put into sales Pipelines, it should not include any liquids. Usually the well head gas is sent to a compressor station where the gas is stripped and dried to about a 1000 BTU gas. Our lease reads that we are to be paid on WELL HEAD Gas Prices and that would include All other hydrocarbons in the produced gas stream.

Claude Whitaker said:

Thanks Larry, I am going to check into that Reagan's question on the liquids. I am now curious.