Lincoln County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I saved the map as a pdf

Thanks M Barnes - the NRCS maps are visually the best and too bad theyā€™re not available now. I did get Payne from ODOT. Thanks also Martha - good USGS map resource, and I hadnā€™t found the OCC area with the maps before.

Oklahoma%20County%20Map.pdf

Canadian%20County%20Map.pdf

I think Payne was the one I was hunting for recently, but couldnā€™t navigate back to the place I found these.

http://mrdata.usgs.gov/general/map.html

Check Geologic maps - US States - US Counties - US County Names and Open Street Map then find the spy glass icon with a + and zoom in. Move your mouse around to locate your section.

Martha, we bought the whole set of maps one time when we were in the City. It was cheaper than buying individual maps. At the time it wasnā€™t that expensive for all 77 Oklahoma counties. Donā€™t know what it is now.

Martha, thereā€™s also Drillinginfo.com Again, you can usually get a free trial subscription but itā€™s very expensive if you need several areas.

My biggest problem was finding maps that had Section, Township & Range. I get well reports from the Daily Oklahoman Tues - Sat and sometimes plat the wells on a copy of my ODOT map.

Also, I always copy a legal size from the ODOT map, color in the interest and put in each mineral file along with photocopies of deeds & leases etc.

Ann, You may already know about this site, but just in case you donā€™t.

http://www.texas-drilling.com/reeves-county

Ann, I have used Drillinginfo.com and it is expensive. Penn well has maps too, but they are expensive also. I try to find free stuff for forum folks, but itā€™s hard. Thanks to M Barnes for her maps and for all the great forum help. Hereā€™s link to Penn Well Maps. http://www.mapsearch.com/paper-products.html

Martha, I didnā€™t know about that website - Thanks!

Yes TX RRC has improved their site in recent years and is much more user friendly. What area of TX do you live in now?

The Woodlands, TX

Robert no activity in 13N-4E since 2014 according to the OCC website.

SEC 35 T 13N R4E

any activity ?

ROBERT

I received same offer re:35 13N 4E and do not know anything about Gillham but would be interested in any comments also. Not sure what going rate in Lincoln county is more $ per acre but seems low to me.

Jerry I leased 3 yrs ago at 225.per acre 3/16th, with the price of oil and gas today, lucky if we get any offers. However I hate to lease for more than to yrs at this time as the market could change over night. only thing I could find on Paul Gillham out of Shawnee is he has been in business only since 2014. My offer came via him thru Jaketown Will see what I can find out about them as he is probably leasing for them. Anyone with info on either please post so we will be informed of our choices. Thanks

Received offer for lease in sec 35 13N 4E, from Paul Gillham Oil Company. $100 per acre, 1/8 royalty, $125 per acre , 3/16th royalty. Lease is for 3 yrs. Say they intend to drill. Has any body out there heard of them or leased with them?

Virginia,

I have found that first offers are generally low to the final offers, so the trick is timing. This is a bit low in my opinion. Canā€™t hurt to ask for more. Most folks donā€™t bother. Ask who they are leasing for, make sure you get good clauses on your lease. The original one they offer is most likely not what you really want that will protect you.

Virginia, I leased three years ago at $150 per net mineral acre with Upland Energy Resources. You did better than I. I sense that we both have the same concern and that is we get our mineral interests tied up and no one does anything to drill. Wonder if a lessee would be willing to pay an appropriate rate (say $150 and 3/16) but commit into escrow an amount (say an additional $150) that would be awarded to the lessors if no drilling activity takes place during the lease period. Just a thought.

Susan I am guessing you are in 10-16N-6E. Gary Monroe is probably leasing for American Energy and they would not budge off that price and royalty interest while trying to lease us in the summer 2015 in 17-16N-6E. We ended up leasing with Blue Dolphin for the same amount but with 1/5 and they accepted a depth clause and no production cost clause which we wanted to add. The only trouble is that Blue Dolphin did drill a horizontal well in 20-16N-6E, the and according to the Okla. tax website not real good production. I know the Gary Monroe is trying to get my sisters estate to sign a lease for the same offer for her part in 17-16N-6E as they offered you.

Rceived proposed oil and gas lease, 3 year term for Section 10, Township 16N Lincoln County, OK recently from Gary A. Monroe, 3/16 royalty provision and $150/net mineral acre. It had been leased previously by someone else.

Right now today Non-OPEC and OPEC are agreeing to cut production. Oil prices are getting ready to stabilize and go back up in the $40-60 range. This may take 6 months to a year, so hold off on leasing as long as you can.