Lincoln County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Sheri I am not Ms. Barnes but you are located in Township 14N not 17N so your mineral rights are not involved with these orders for drilling. I checked the OCC website and there is no activity at this time in 31-14N-4E. Kevin the last step before a drilling permit for you in 31-17N-4E will be a pooling application and then a order.

Mr Barnes, My property is located at 31-14-4E. would it also be affected by this horizontal drill order that Kevin and yourself are talking about? Oil company has a lease on it now.

Here is a handy map if you want to keep track of your minerals versus what other folks are saying. Keep a pencil with a good eraser!

Lincoln%20County%20MNap.pdf

Ms. Barnes thank you for the map, it should be helpful to many people on this forum. I appreciate all the information and your time spent on this website. I have learned so much over the last 4 years and remember when I traveled to Grady and Stephens Counties to take a picture of my sisters well and the first Poteet well for Michael, they were being drilled at the same time. I hope that I can see some of that kind of production some day here in my area of 17-16N-6E here in Lincoln County. Have a great 4th of July everyone!!!

A few weeks ago, I learned that my mother, now deceased, owned mineral rights in Sec 33, T17N, R4E near Agra. Universal Land Services out of Little Rock told me when they called about leasing. We had put everything that we knew about into a family trust( which had no residual clause) so it appears that these mineral rights are in a legal limbo. Another landman contacted me and after checking the records said ownership was unclear and he withdrew his offer. On the other hand, Universal Land Services told me I just needed to sign an affidavit - Proof of death and heirship and that would be sufficient. I suppose I should assume these people know what they are doing but since one dropped me because of the unclear title and one says its no problem, I am hoping someone can explain the situation to me.

On another note, American Energy - Woodford ( who Iā€™m guessing is the one wanting to drill)has been inundating OCC with applications - the last is for pooling. They also submitted an offer to lease in my mothers name. What effect will pooling have?

When my grandfather died in 1968, he left his mineral rights to my mother and two uncles. None of them knew anything about it and for almost 50 years its gone unnoticed and now within a few weeks I have had 3 lease offers. Does anyone have any idea about the activity in that area?

Cheryl, I advise you to have the records run to determine exactly how many acres you own and if you have clear title. Most company land services are pretty good, but everything goes much easier if you know what you own and get a mineral deed. Personally, I do not like affidavits of heirship because they do not transfer title. You might be able to do a simple probate and get a mineral deed for your family trust or if there was a will and probate when the family trust was established a simple quit claim deed might suffice. When you deed the minerals into your family trust you can add a clause which will deed ā€œAll of Grantorsā€™ undivided interest in and to the oil, gas and other minerals, all overriding royalty interests, excess royalties, and/or production payments, and all leasehold interests located in the State of __________, including, but not limited to all of the oil, gas and other minerals and all overriding royalty interests, excess royalties and/or production payments, and all leasehold interests in and under and that may be produced from the following described lands.ā€ That way, all bases are covered and get everything you are entitled to.

Landman: Monte Hoffman phone # 405-842-1930 with Easton Land Services.

Attorney: Charles McBride, Stillwater, OK (405) 624-9990

Cheryl, Pooling can be very quick, so time is of the essence.

Lanita lease prices have come down in Lincoln County. If you will give us the location of the lease we could check poolingā€™s in the area? Have you countered with a 1/5? If you are dealing wit/h American Energy they seemed to be stuck with 3/16 but there are other operators in the area that may work with you.

It is section 11 , township13n range3east Lincoln county. There were permits to drill last year, but they were canceled. I believe there is a pooling order. I had an option on the lease I m in now for 80 acres-15,000. Which the new people will not renewā€¦ I havenā€™t countered with anything yet, but I told him I probably would do it. Thank you very much for help

Ms. Barnes, thanks for the Lincoln County map. Iā€™d like to get similar maps for some other counties in Oklahoma. I couldnā€™t find on NRCS site, and their county base maps for OK link didnā€™t come up. Could you direct me to where you got this map. Thanks.

M Barnes and Ann W, thanks and I need maps for Canadian, Oklahoma, and Payne counties if you have them. Also, thanks Ann W for the info which Iā€™ll use if needed.

It takes a while to learn to navigate this OCC data base below, but you can find free well information and some maps.

https://apps.occeweb.com/RBDMSWeb_OK/OCCOGOnline.aspx

Hereā€™s an expensive well data base, but you can get a free 7 day trial and, if you email them, they will assist you during the trial period.

http://www.welldatabase.com/

http://www.odot.org/maps/county/map_co_60-payne.pdf

I used Annā€™s link, but use Home>Highway information>Maps> Oklahomaā€™s General county roads, then hit the county you want! Bingo!

Just checked out the Arc Viewer and itā€™s awesome, as well as other info sent by all. Thanks, Sharyn

http://ok.gov/odot/

Scroll down to: Programs and Progress

Click on: Maps

Click on: Oklahomaā€™s General County Roads

Click on the county you want a map for, then use zoom to be able to read sections, townships & ranges

Ann, Iā€™ve bought the maps before also. However, welldatabase.com has more info than just wells. Itā€™s shows the oil and gas. Recently, a forum member found some very valuable information with his free 7 day trial.

Yes, Martha, Iā€™ve bought PennWell maps and they are expensive. For that reason I pretty much rely on the Oklahoman newspaper, the OCC and in Texas the RRC GIS. I just now found a permit on me in Reeves County, TX by using the GIS.

Ann, Texas is my home now. Iā€™ve found RRC web site to be more user friendly than OK. Good luck with your Reeves County. I love that area. The big boys do too. I work right across from Anadarko.

Sharyn, the site doesnā€™t have them anymore. I do have quite a few counties that I saved last year. Let me know which ones you want and I will post them.

Sharyn, you can purchase these maps from ODOT for a nominal fee.