Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

Kirk Barrell followed through and posted something about our area in his blog. Check it out: http://tuscaloosatrend.blogspot.com/

Does anyone know what the oblong orange denotes on map 4 where it says leasing in last 90 days.

That's where heavy leasing activity has been in the last 90 days. See attached map for the last 90 days activity in that area.

2864-170823LeasingActivitymaplast90days.jpg (385 KB)

I am NOT the author of this site:

https://austinchalkoilgas.com/

Orange represents the most active leasing. Some call these "heat maps". The "hotter" the color, the more activity.

I guess it would not be too far off topic to say that I hope everyone came through Harvey OK and if not, I wish you a speedy return to normal.

Having said that, I was out driving around yesterday 8/30 looking for any damage (very little) or high water (none) and decided to check out the previously discussed dump trucks on the road to Freyburg. I didn't see any current activity (duh. too wet) but the pad is now built for the BEUSA Kveton Bros. well. It's not much to look at but if you're interested, just turn north off of FM 956 onto Falke-Heinrich Road and the pad entrance is at the first turn on F-H. The pad road continues at that corner for maybe 1/2 mile straight north.

As an aside, F-H was not exactly Congress Avenue in the first place, so that first portion is now totally FUBARed by all the heavy equipment. If you go look, don't drive your Mercedes.

It's been a while since anything of note has been posted here and now I have something. Get out Google Maps and follow along. Find Vacek Loop SE of SBG. Find the intersection of Vacek Loop and Jahn Lane (Vacek Loop turns south at that point). There's a bunch of surveyors tape just to the north of that intersection.

People are saying that it's in preparation for the construction of a well pad, and that the lateral is intended to run NNW generally to the intersection of Klesel and Oakland roads. I did some research and see that these properties are all leased to GeoSouthern.

These are the westernmost GeoSouthern leases in this area, because adjoining to the west are a block of leases with Omimex/Ross.

If anyone has any additional information on this, please let us know. In the meantime, I've updated my map to show 'Vacek Loop' and will change the name once they file with the RRC.

2863-SBGAreaofInterestwithVacekLoopwell091717.jpg (374 KB)

Thanks for the info, WI. FYI, GeoSouthern does have some leases west of that location, i.e., vicinity of FM 957 near the Navidad

Would be great if GeoSouthern went south of I-10 !!! I am trying to find out if the "no-compete" clause that Geosouthern had with Devon, will expire once the sale of Devon is completed with Penn Virginia. From the "rumors" out there it will, and will allow Geosouthern to lease and operate in Lavaca county again. "Rumors" also stating that Geosouthern is looking forward to it !!!

That's a little bit of info, that is weird. I thought that the Brisco well in SE Lavaca county was a Geo Southern well. Or was it a Geo southern 2., not sure of the Spelling here. It was just drilled @ 2-3 months ago! But really hush hush! No info printed in the VIC-AD or anywhere else that I can find. One of you web smart guys find out for us, Ok! I'm here in Hackberry waiting for a phone call!

You are correct, sir! (sorta) I looked at all permits filed in Fayette County for Geo* and came up with the info that up through 09/2015 leases were filed by GeoSouthern Energy Corporation (301287). Then beginning in 06/2016 leases were filed by GeoSouthern Operating II, LLC (301273). The numbers in parenthesis are the RRC Operator Number, so these are obviously two different companies having nothing to do with each other (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

I checked Briscoe and they're definitely done by the second operator.

I don't know what exactly that all means, but I'm thinking that it may be a technicality that they're using to creep ever closer to the non-compete area. Just wondering aloud, but could the non-compete be a number of miles rather than by county?

What did Willie say? I think I'll have another round! Sounds good to me!

I've been out of touch for a while, so is geosouthern leasing around Moravia. If so what is the name of the leasing company?

GeoSouthern has not filed any leases in Lavaca County up through 09/08. However, there is leasing by an outfit called HBR Petroleum north of FM 532 and west until about CR 248. Unsure of their terms but FSNN reports that their money's good.

Also, texasfile.com has updated their data for Fayette County to 09/30 and there's nothing too profound there for anything within our area of interest.

HBR are initials of the man's name leasing for Santa Rosa. I heard there are some of their leases that have not been paid since may. They have sent me their lease, but I won't spend money at the lawyers until they start paying.

What I have heard is that Mr. Rowe was looking for tracts to make 1 unit. He was looking at the moravia area, and made offers but was blindsided by the very late Jeter/EOG lease recordings. this changed his plans since he could not find enough tracts to lease, so he went to the Engle area. Heard he leased up a unit full of tracts, and is actually building the pad...he too is waiting to record the leases. This came from 2 different sources of mine that are not always 100% accurate...unlike the sources I have for some other E&P operators.....so this is more in line of the FSNN reporting...because I cannot find where that pad is being built by engle....also they say he might still be interested in the Moravia area just west of where Jeter leased even though they might not get the acres they need as a hedge that EOG might actually drill there and it comes in good to sell/assign to EOG for top dollar....again more FSNN reporting than actual fact I can confirm like my usual post here....

Could he have leased the ground where SN had planned the unit on Louis Herzik Rd? There's already a pad immediately west of Engle adjoining the RR tracks on the south as well as the huge frac pond in the SW corner of the Unit on Klekar Gin Rd. It's called the Matador Unit. You'd avoid some infrastructure costs that way.

OR... There's another SN unused pad on CR 248 just west of Moravia. Reveille Unit.

Not sure, he did tell me they bought the Bigham unit.

The Bigham unit is quite puzzling . When penn V bought Cypress holdings back around 2014, it looked as if they got the active units with the leases. However, this does not show up on the well logs, it still shows ownership to cypress. As far as the mineral rights..another interesting story... The bigham's were having major financial issues, and were selling their mineral rights to an individual around Dallas Texas. Eventually, this individual purchased all the mineral rights on the Bigham property. soon after, in the last 12 months the land went up for foreclosure. Not sure if the Bigham well is producing, but if it is not I would assume it is no longer HBP, and the mineral holders could acquire a new lease. If anyone else has more info on this, it would be interesting to hear....this info came from a local realtor....

I am unsure about the lease status of the Bigham Unit, but I spoke with a company in the area that is in the midst of purchasing the unit and plan to utilize the location and existing infrastructure to potentially drill a well.