Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

Have you heard anything on the Lavaca acreage that KEW recently acquired, and still actively leasing , I believe. The acreage I'm speaking of is west of Moravia. Are we some of what they are trying to sell?

Can any one tell me why they are not leasing the komensky area

Everything is leased up along 1295 next to Darliek road and past, but nothing being leased around Komensky wonder why

Based on what I can see on DI , there has been a lot of leasing activity in the last 18 months around Komensky done by HBR, Delago, and Modern. I am not saying that every tract is leased, but many if not most are leased.

OK thanks

I just thought that Iā€™d send this comment about the ā€˜new improvedā€™ web site. Even if youā€™re not into IT development, Iā€™m sure that youā€™ve seen the movie Office Space at least once. Well, for many years I was Tom Smykowski. YouTube

But unlike Tom I really did thingsā€¦ really.

Iā€™m just getting into this ā€˜new improvedā€™ user interface and hope that this new improved format does not discourage any of you Blog Buddies from posting here. Personally I would have preferred the status quo.

Agreeā€¦not many post since the site changedā€¦

Modern has about 1500 acres on the west side of FM 1295, from about1/2 mile north of the fed mill, then down south until you hit that first curve to the left. I had heard a survey team was out this past week on some of these tractsā€¦

What is still open is a pretty good size patch south of Fm 532, east of Fm 1295, west of Fm 957 and fm 340 on the south side of the blockā€¦north of FM 340. Lots of available acreage here ā€¦

Talked to a friend of mine who up until recently was a geologist with Tri-C. Was told Tri-C still has lots of interest in the southern Fayette acreage they have. Did not find out exactly what the ā€œglitchā€ was in Fayette. Tri-C is working closely with Post Oak Energy Capitol so it most likely was get it going with the Shiner project first from an investment standpoint.

Does your friend think Tri-C plans to drill wells, or are they looking for a partner?

My contact is very positive about Tri-C and their integrity. From what I have heard, Tri-C is in it for themselves. They however, are working with Post Oak Energy Capitol for their funding. I have also gotten word that additional land work is being done on the FM 1295/Fayette area holdings to pull all them together. Appears things are moving in the right direction.

Any word on KEW / Santa Rosa?

Hi AW- if you know, what does your geologist friend think Tri-C is targeting- Austin Chalk? Eagle Ford? Upper Eagle Ford?

We didnā€™t discuss that portion. He left before they moved into Fayette/Lavacca

AW- when you were asking about leasing with Tri-C about 9 months ago or so, you had mentioned that your landman said it was Eagleford they were looking at. Did this change ?

Not that I know of. I think it still is EF, but canā€™t say 100% either way. We did receive last week some lease modification requests re-wording the pooling/Pugh clauses. So they are still working the leases in the souther Fayette area.

Yes, Tri-C has quite a few leases now. It looks like they are looking to place a pad on the Clarkā€™s property, right where the construction barrels are atā€¦that would be the enhance. this one will shoot to the northwest and is an eagleford. Bad thing is this is right across the street where someone is selling 3 acres tracts off of the 125 acre George Migl property. I had heard they wanted to pad the 125 acres, but they did not get that 110 acres parcel they wanted that sold a couple of years ago (south of Clarks tract)ā€¦was in foreclosure, and minerals went with itā€¦Penn outbid Tr-C for the 110 acre tract. and will be in Pennā€™s first easterly unit that will commence in 6 months.
I know you had said the 125 acres had a no drilling operations clause on it, but what I heard tri-c was still looking at putting a pad thereā€¦

Hi Allā€¦ still wondering around in this siteā€¦ do not see yet how to ā€œPostā€ a new comment but did see a reply to Mr. Mlā€™s post of 5 days ago was maybe possible (Weā€™ll see when I send it ?)
Not a reply actually to MLā€™s but just a test to see if I am connected or not and will I get email notices when others post ?

Iā€™m sorely disappointed with this new "improved " change that many smarter than I am are unable to use now ā€¦ I am really concerned that we will now lose many of the members and lose all the valuable information it has and can give mineral owners in trying to keep up with what is going on in this mineral community sharing info and sightings and suggestions ā€¦ EVERYTHING I learned in terminology , leasing hints, going prices, everything was learned on this site over the last 7 years ā€¦ and a shame for our self education to stop now after giving up trying to navigate the ā€œImprovementsā€ā€¦ CHILIMAN

Still trying to learn this siteā€¦ cannot post at all on old Fayette Blog and checking to see if I can post here again ā€¦ Grrrrrrā€¦ Or just ā€œreplyā€ to my old "reply " to ML ??? Here goes nothing ?

Your post went up. I know this new message board is a learning curve to many, but please stick with it. I understand from the owner there was really no choice but to migrate to another platform, and the new ones I see these days are pretty similar to this.