Lavaca County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Penn Virginia has bought 19,600 of Devon acerage in Lavaca. Anyone have a map of where its located.

Check out their latest Presentation from 7/31 and go here to page 5/11: http://c.eqcdn.com/_3ce9c1b7b1ddf792ad736ed4531b171c/pennvirginia/d… In case the link doesn’t work, try this: http://www.pennvirginia.com/news-media/presentations

Thanks. That helps a lot. We are about a mile and a half as the crow flies west of the Schraelle Effenberger test well. Pavlicek lease.

How far east of shiner ? I thought most of that area was already leased up by Delago and others. Are they north or south of HWY 90 ? thanks

http://www.tricresources.com/tric/web/default.homepage.asp?navLoc=H…

MR. ML… What do you know about Rocky Creek Resources drilling on 624 acres just east of Shiner 2+ miles in the area of Hwy 90A and FM 531. CR 301 runs thru the 624 ac. I heard Delgado owned the leases on this but do they still own them?

We have several un-leased acres just SE of Yoakum, and on the East side of 111. Has anyone heard of any leasing going on in that area?

When things were hot and heavy, operators where not looking too much at fault lines, and seismic maps…like they are now. Also the company is called Tri-C resources…they have been around since 1985, and have done ok…they are now leasing in fayette county close to Praha, on expired Sanchez tracts.

I thought that Rocky Creek was a part of Delago, but it seems theyare not. This unit is on Delago leases and Delago assigned/sold them to rocky Creek, plus other tracts not in this unit…a while ago. I would assume that Delago kept a very small % for themselves.

no they are not, I was just stating the Tri-C is the entity leasing around us, not tri-City.

Penn Virginia has permitted 2 more wells. These two are on the east side of 95 about a mile outside of Moulton to the NE. Jeffery. Old Devon I do believe.

Any leasing in Lavaca County right now?

Delago assigned about 600 acres out of it’s 30,000+ leased acres to rocky Creek who is drilling on the east side of Shiner off of US 90, across from wellhausen unit. Delago likes to flip their leases for a profit…but if you want lease money, and they are handing it out, why not. If you are looking for someone to drill in your area…there really is not anyone at this time. The operators around there are to the west of you, and they are operating on existing units, if they are even drilling. To get an EF operator to drill in an unproven area, you need oil prices a LOT more than they are now. This is much different than the Chalk wells close to north Lavaca county…these wells are cheaper to produce, even though a tad risky.

Family has 800 acres off hwy 95 and Lavaca County Road 315 between Yoakum and Shiner not leased.

Thank you. Are they doing any drilling?

Karen, Delago has been the only one to lease sort of close to that area recently. Your area is farther south that delago leased…and Delago stopped leasing a while ago. If there office is still open in shiner next to the donut shop, stop in and talk with them.

Thank you so much. This information is very helpful.

LOTT unit which goes under west side of Moulton has been permitted by Penn Virginia.

\

recently contacted by Aegis Energy Partners (Denver, CO) about selling our mineral rights. anyone else been contacted by them or have any info on them?

Penn Virginia has sent me a Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) for drilling across 2 or more units ( … previously Devon units). Is this a good thing, a bad thing … or just does not matter, so sign the agreement and hope they drill?

thanks