Lavaca County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Mr. ML you mentioned the Rio Lavaca that well and the Freytag well are about a mile down Hwy 95 going toward Shiner from the Pavlicek well.

I read about Penn not re-leasing, or taking any of the options as they come due on their leases from Penn Virginia’s website…believe in the presentation tab…they show a map and everything.

Wren,

I do know that Penn is leasing a little bit but very selectively. One of my mom’s friends was called. It was in relation to a well they wanted to drill before the bust but it was new.

I wonder if that is near were the leasing was going on. Though it was out around going toward Flationia.

Penn Virginia has permitted some more wells. Chickenhawk, Oryx Hunter, and Rhino Hunter. I wonder if this means they are going to use two drill rigs instead of just one. Had heard that rumor is anyone able to verify.

Penn Virginia has permitted a well that is crossing leases. They are moving again. Does anyone know how many drill rigs they have going.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-28/newest-texas-ref…

Awesome article on Bloomberg about new refineries in texas using Shale Oil as their stock

Any info on U.S. Shale Energy LLC acquiring O&G leases in Lavaca county? Are they reputable?

Al, look at the underlying document where your minerals were acquired and see if you are due the bonus money even though someone else has the executive right. I believe I have been underpaid on this scenario several times and I would suggest you see if it is due and if so, then request payment.

What does ‘executive’ and ‘non executive’ mean on a Texas O&G Lease contract? If the person who has executive interest signs the agreement, do the non-executive interests HAVE to sign to receive royalties? Thanks for any comments.

I live on CR226 and also contacted by the landman for Santa Rosa. He told me they are looking to drill in the Austin Chalk. Well I’am already leased to Ross Exp.

I am also looking for an attorney to look over the lease if any one has any recommendations.

These are landmen looking to lease for Santa Rosa out of Corpus. They are looking to make a unit by/in Moravia area. Get with your neighbors to see if others are leasing with them.

Also if you would not mind telling me are you west or east of FM 957 ? and what county road are you on ?

thanks

My place is off of FM 229 just down the road from the Moravia store. This would be East of 957.

I would use Jessie Allen in Hallettsville.

All right all you Penn Virginia leasholders. They sent out there Q1 17 presentation yesterday. They made 28.1 Million and mentioned a third rig for area two if results on the test well are positive. Good news I hope.

The Lager well look really good, to my surprise…it is a ways from Penn’s pressure boundary…but this does bode well for those mineral owners already in a penn unit east of 95. Basically this info makes all of those units a candidate for the slickwater frac. Of course it will take a while to get to each one…Penn leased 1700 acres so far in 2017 and is going to add further.

Area 2 Penn Virginia holders. Info from new presentation just posted online.

 Early results on Lager 3H in Area 2 are very encouraging  Preliminary 24-hour IP of 2,511 BOEPD1 (77% oil) at 4,371 psi on 20/64” choke  Estimated 30-day IP of 1,800 to 1,900 BOEPD1 (72% oil, 1400 BTU gas), based on 23 days of production  Flowing casing pressure still above 3,300 psi on a 20/64” choke, on active choke management  Strong results on Lager 3H could change the drilling plan for second half of 2017 – options include:  Expand Schacherl-Effenberger pad  Move rig into Area 2  Accelerate the development of Area 2 with third rig  Sable, Axis, and Kudu pad results are in line with expectations E

Penn Virginia is up for sale per Reuters. ughhhh. Could be good or bad.