Lavaca county, new well permits, completion reports

MOULTON/SHINER NEWS

POST HERE…

1 Like

Here’s a news bit for those curious as to how long drilling may continue and how many more wells will be drilled? This from the OIL & GAS EXPO being held in Corpus Christi this week. Interesting?

SAN AN­TONIO - Eagle Ford Shale oil pro­duc­tion is ex­pec­ted to reach 1 mil­lion bar­rels per day …

Read more: Tens of thousands of wells left to drill in Eagle Ford

Miles

Indded I just wish the big rig would get to the Pavlicek pad lol

Thanks for the infor miles

Was hoping they were already drilling by now? Have not heard much lately and we are still waiting on our division orders. Spoke to PVA in Houston yesterday n was told we should receive within next 7-10 days? Hope so…

Who did you speak with. I wonder if they would know the time table for our well. The small rig is gone. Casing is set on both holes. But if the big rig is behind.

I have cell number for Jonathan McDonald, who is VP over all sixty plus land lease agents working for Penn Virginia. PM me for his number & I will include Houston # for PVAHouston office main number if you don’t already have it? Jonathan is lead attorney/consultant with PVA n has helped me understand issues n has offered that if he does not know answer to my question he knows many to get answer being sought. :slight_smile:

Miles

The word I have from PVA in Houston is that that the big rig is scheduled to be on Pavlicek pad early to mid October. I wish they would hurry....

You and me both. Oh well it will be what it will be. Got word that some activity has been going on the last couple of days. Gravel being graded and the water well being turned on and tested. I have my fingers crossed.

I hope and pray that we do not have another 1h debockle....

That would be a double disaster..

Yes it would be

Kedasim ;

Spoke to Penn Virginia (ms Freeman ) this morning & was told production #'s have been falling off “INITIAL PRODUCTION” numbers for reasons beyond her knowledge? We are still waiting on “DIVISION ORDERS” which I was told this morning may not arrive before third week of October n payment “first check” could be expected by November 25. She offered well was not completed until first week of August n generally "first check " arrives 90 days after on payment schedule of 25th day of month preceding 90 day rule.

The falling off of production surely speaks to "length of well life expectancy I would think? JMO (just my opinion). Also talked about decrease of new drill permits n was told there IS a backlog of permits yet to be filed , however offered permits once on file with RRC are valid for two years n no indication of when permit may be acted upon?

Seems some of the EAGLE FORD speculators regarding longevity of EAGLE FORD may be shorter than longer if the falling off of production #'s continues. May need to re-consider my stock investment in PVA? Well I guess the initial production was good for short while? Strange how investor presentations have sought to paint a rosy picture of this PROLIFIC VOLATILE OIL WINDOW? Multiple color mapping of window dying off before it starts?

Probably not what many of us had hoped for but guess it is what it is, as has been said.

Take care…Miles

Miles,

If you go to eagleford forum there is a great thread about production decline off initial production. In EF oil wells the initial production decline is very high the first year. I am told it levels off and they then put a pump jack on them. They then become steady lower producers for the next 10 to 15 years. So you get big initial checks first 6 months and then it levels off to mailbox money after that. For ex. given a 10% portion of a pool with a well producing 25 barrels a day with 3 wells on the pad you are still getting about 3-4 grand a month. That is 40 grand a year and 400K over a 10 year life. Still not bad.

Take care Miles,

PS sock away some of those first 3 checks.

We are still waiting for them to drill on our land. We are in between the Hinze and Martinzen Units. Ms. Freeman told me that we won't be drilled until next year. That I don't understand when they drilled those two wells already.

Amy is that the Berger Simper well that just went up on the RRC site. Don't feel bad we are waiting at the Pavlicek well site also. It has been online since May.

Noticing movement by PVA on NEW DRILL PERMITS already two new permits this month already. Guess Clint Liles is falling behind posting new permits? Wellhausen Land & Cattle starting off w a single ownership of 576 acres filed today. The BERGER/SIMPER is noted as two well permits for 1H & 2H , Wellhausen is as two unit permit also. With LEAL. Permit filed last day of Sept that makes 3 new permits in last couple weeks? I call that movement?

Yup but still no drill rig for us. Oh well.

Was wondering if Pavlicek was drilling yet? Still waiting on Division Orders, lol! Feeling like a vulture on a high line pole? " Patience HELL, I’m going out n kill something! " lol

Kedasim said:

Yup but still no drill rig for us. Oh well.

Well they have came and went with the little rig. Drilled both holes and put in casing. We were told that it would be mid Oct. but who knows. Grandma was hoping for Christmas. Oh well patience is a virtue

What is EF ?

EF = EAGLE FORD