Keffer Mineral Rights

Hello Everyone, I have roots back to the Keffer and King names in Hundred. I spent many a summer there as a kid enjoying the creek running through town behind aunt Flossie’s and uncle Bob’s house. It appears there are some mineral rights left to be split up across the Keffers. I am one of those. They are offering $4,000 a NMA for one plot and $2,000 a NMA for another plot. Is that fair? Would we be better off leasing to someone? Any help is certainly appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

Eric,

Do you know where in Wetzel County the parcels are? (District, Tax Map & Parcel Number?) The first is probably a little low, the second is much lower than I would expect. Additionally, how many NMA are they looking to acquire?

1st tract is 43 acres Church District 9999-00001164 02-06-13,14,14.1,25, & p/o 29.1

2nd tract is 194 acres 02-06-23, 02-10-5, 02-06-12 9999-00001025

I believe it is around 34 NMA in total

Thanks for the help

I know nothing of the property. This is the second time they tracked me down after finding out I was an heir to some mineral rights. I’m pretty sure I got duped the first time.

I am sure it is worth more than their offer, just wondered how much.

Here is a link to the Wetzel county assessor’s map site A little tricky to use. Church district is on the east, to the north. I messed around and found some of the parcels you listed. The others could be found as well.

Hello Nancy, Can you shed some light on how you found the parcels? I wasn’t having any luck finding them.

Thanks, Eric

When you open the link, there appears a page where you have to agree to the terms. Then you see the screen with the different districts. Church district is red, to the east and the north. If you click on it, there appears a long narrow window at the top “Parcel search”. Your first listed parcel is “2-06-13”. I had to experiment but found that putting “13” in gave me a selection of 2-5-13, 2-6-13, and 2-7-13 as well as some other ones. If you click on “2-6-13” it will zoom in there. You can zoom out if you want to see it in the larger picture. This website is not as easy as some but it works. You just have to look at each one and see what looks like it is adjacent. You can also put in the whole thing “2-6-13”. I just tried it and that works.