Jo Ann well information

Royce:

Although these wells had the surface casing set, the wells haven’t been drilled. Newfield still trying to decide if these wells are needed. I have spoken to Newfield about these well.

Todd M. Baker

Encana is a new name to me. Didn’t know about the sale. Thank you, Martha and Todd.

Encana is a big Canadian oil and gas company.

Any news on Marathon wells in 3-2N-4W?

Watch the wells from the OCC well site from their surface location in Section 10. Many of them have spud. I don’t see any completion reports yet.

We received our regular check from Newfield today so guess if they sold out it will still be business as usual.

I think I read recently that it will be several months before the transition is complete. I dread it. I’ve never had any serious issues with NFX.

I did, a measly $52.36

Hopefully, it will all be a smooth transition. Thanks, Linda!

I received an offer for $25,250 per NMA for 3/16th royalty in S19-2N-4W. Also, an offer for $29,000 per NMA for 3/16th royalty in S20-2N-4W. Quite surprised to say the least.

Who made this offer, seems way to high from what I have seen?

Brigham Minerals. Newfield has 4 wells producing in S19. There may be 2 additional wells drilled soon (Jo Anne 2 and 3). Continental has 11 wells producing in S20.

Does anyone know what is happening in Section 25 T2S R5W waiting on info if we own minerals and the section R 5 W seems nearby.

25-2S-5W is about 18 miles away from the JoAnn wells. No activity there right now. Wells were permitted for sections 10, 12 and 13 over the last two years.

Brigham is the one that we sold our royalty to in S29 2n4w and a couple of months after we sold they sent us a higher offer for the same acreage and my husband called them and was going to tease him a little. He said we’ll sell those acres to you but when he told him they are already bought them from us the man didn’t think it was a bit funny! lol Then a couple of days ago we got another offer for the same acreage from Brigham again. Don’t know whose keeping up with their paper work. My husband wanted me to call them and tell them we’d sell it to them again but I wouldn’t do it. lol They also sent us another offer for S16 2n4w which we are not interested in selling. It has seven good wells on it but they offered less for it this time than they offered this time for 29.

Talking about the JoAnn’s 2 and 3. Someone on here said they hadn’t made up their minds whether they were going to drill them now. Several months ago when we went over there the location where they were going to put them had a couple of holes started and had the yellow mesh fencing around but it was half torn down and in the dirt like it had been there for quite some time. We’d would like to know if anyone knows now whether they will drill them. Our friends have some acreage there. Thanks for any info.! Those were some very good ones. The most I have heard of in that area. The only ones higher I’ve heard of was up in the STACK where I’ve heard of up to $35,000 an acre.

Royce….what are the names of the 11 wells drilled in section 20? If that where the first Whatley well is located? Are they good wells and have they started paying the royalties yet? Just wondering but if you’d rather not say, don’t.

Linda 9 of them are Poteets, I think the other 2 are Whatleys

That is correct, Michael. Those were heady times in 2014, weren’t they? Yes, Linda, the Whatley’s and Poteets are still producing with the decline curve in place. However, like M Barnes said back then, they can produce for a long time and we look at them as kind of an annuity.

Michael and Linda, I have a couple of questions for you. Do you know if the Sycamore would be like the Mermaec (sp?) in the STACK? Could the reason for the seemingly high offers to buy minerals be because of the other formations that may be drilled in the future? Thanks!

The Sycamore is older than the Meramec, more equivalent to the Osage, but yes, other horizons could be drilled in the future. Here is a strat column from a few years back. Lots more discovered since then.

Woodford%20and%20strat%20col%20STACK%20%26%20SCOOP|670x500