Jo Ann well information

Ms. Barnes, I have just received a written offer of $23,000 per NMA applicable to 18.75% royalty for my interest in Section 19-2N-4W. The offer is from Brigham MineraIs of Austin, Tx. Is other drilling pending in this section? Thanks for your help! Royce

Royce: I own minerals in this section and anticipate that there will be wells drilled to test the Springer formation. Don’t know when, but there will be.

Todd M. Baker

Royce…our offer from the same people for the same interest in our section 29 2n4w was 16,250.per acre but it only has one well on it as of now. You are only a little west of us. We also received an offer from that same company for 19,650 per acre. (I believe) for our section 16 2n4w but it has 7 wells on it so they are coming on up there. We have a 3/16 lease on both sectio At least Brigham is interested in that area and are pursuing it.

Todd and Linda, Thank you for the information. I was wondering if/when the Springer might come into play. It might be sooner than I thought. It is good to be back on the forum and getting a better picture of what is going on in the county and the Scoop.

Vicki, I am still alive. Will turn a $5K/NMA lease Monday on a lease in Grady. It is in and borders the Springboard. Have had, this week, offers in McClain from ignorant scalpers for prime McClain tracts. Tom Ed k5bm@outlook.com

Royce, given how many wells have been drilled in the sections surrounding you, your section has room for several more wells. Newfield applied for two more wells (JoAnn 2H-18X and Jo Ann 3H-18X spud in 18 OCC Case 201700632) in 19-2N-4W in the middle of 2017. They should just about be online about now. At that time, the OCC files had 31.38 BCF of gas left and 3.417 mbo oil left. That was just in the Woodford. May be potential in the Springer after that. If you haven’t gotten the Division Orders yet, then that is probably what they are trying to get (plus future wells). The two Jo Ann wells spud in May of 2017. I don’t see a completion report yet on either of them.

Tom Ed, always enjoy hearing that friends are still among the living! Glad we’re both included. Sounds like you’re doing well. It appears Christine’s heirs received a nice well with the Ferguson in Purdy. That’s great! Nice to hear from you.

That explains a lot!! Is there a way to increase the limit of emails?

I agree, Nikki. Five is much to limiting. It’s easy to delete unwanted emails, but I feel that this system is limiting our sources of information.

@Kathlyn_McCaughna and @Nikki_Ellison we’ve increased this number significantly in the last few days, FYI. Moreover it’s important that you have set your notifications like you want them. You’ll find instructions in the #getting-started category.

M Barnes…Those two JoAnn wells are the ones we checked on a few months ago and they had the two large holes where they had been spud but the mesh fence around them was coming down like it had been there for a good while. They had not been completed then and we haven’t been back over there but since you see nothing about the completion of them I’d say they still haven’t completed them. Wonder why???

Could be the JoAnn wells are part of the hundreds of DUCs. Drilled, Uncompleted wells. They may have drilled the surface casing and some more? and then plan to come back later. There seems to be a shortage of frac crews, so that might explain it. Patience will be the key…

Thanks for sharing and helping to better understand what is possibly going on and why. I understand there are many DUCs around the country waiting for frac crews, higher prices, pipe lines or ??

Martha, A commencement clause would apply on many of these wells? I am asking you?

So totally lost! I wish it was like the old site! Totally frustrated!!

A commencement clause only applies to what constitutes beginning operations. I make sure mine pertains to the actual drilling, not a pile of dirt or a garden hose on location.

COMMENCEMENT OF WELL: Commencement of any well according to the term of this lease shall require that a drilling rig capable of drilling such well to the projected total depth for such well be on location and drilling on or before the expiration of the primary term or any other applicable time period hereunder and that the drilling of and other operations on such well be continued with due diligence in a reasonable, prudent manner until completion of such well in one or more formations. Construction of a well location or road or any other physical activity on the Leased Premises, or on any lands pooled, communitized or unitized therewith, without actual drilling operations being conducted with a drilling rig capable of drilling such well to the projected total depth of such well shall not be deemed commencement of a well under this lease.”

DUCS are a whole different ball game. That is the completion of the well with the frac’ing and the hookup for sales. At this point, I do not have a completion clause in my lease since no one will probably take it. They want those wells completed just like I do, but we both want them to be done in an economic fashion. We didn’t have as many of them until the price crash back in 2016. I think a combination of low prices, lack of frac crews, etc. are causing them now. It is okay for me to leave my money in the ground at low prices and bring it up for higher prices. However, I have brought up the timing issue at NARO before the panel that included one of the OCC commissioners. How long can they hold a lease like that? A few months, a few years? North Dakota has put a time limit on their DUCs. Not sure if OK has considered that.

Julie…I’m with you girl!

Julie…I feel your pain! lol

Any news on the Jo Ann wells in Section 19-2N-4W? I guess Newfield is still waiting?

The OCC shows the Jo Ann 2H and 3H as spud in 2017. They have a surface location in 18, so you have to look them up from there. No completion info yet. Newfield has just been bought by Encana, so that switchover may or may not slow things down…