It’s complicated Big Flint Run

We signed leases four years ago for 51 acres of minerals on Gaskin Hollow, along Big Flint Run. When the price of gas fell and the wells were delayed we all assumed things would be ramping up again. As of yesterday Antero says the permits are expired and we are not on the drilling schedule. While they would not say why, the lady intimated that someone blocked the pool. These minerals were bought by my great great grandfather in the 1910s? We aren’t sure about anything, he bought them with four partners. Antero got the leases from Exco and who knows who had them before. I ran his name through the tax page and came up with taxes! Fortunately Exco had been paying them until this year (why, I don’t know). I caught them just in time. We checked with Exco and they gave us two API numbers and a third just had a well name. The tax was 9999 so that didn’t help. One of the vertical wells is on Gaskin Hollow and is producing, leased to Antero. No one in the family has ever heard of these wells nor received any checks, ever. My gr, gr, grandfather died in 1957. Antero executed new leases and not modifications on these minerals… This is a mess and I’m sure you all have seen worse. My head is spinning. You may have seen me on the Ritchie County page dealing with Antero on another old lease that is a modification. Where do I start?

Email I got from a company taking over the Exco office in Ravenswood.

EXCO did have an account in the name of the Thomas Jackson Elliott Heirs. This account did not have an address on it. Any monies held in suspense would have been transferred to Antero, but these are old wells that didn’t have much production. Below is a list of the wells and what the decimal in the well was:

Bond 001 .01041667

Randolph 001 .01041667 API might be 47-017-01795

Randolph 002 .01041667 API might be 47-017-02390

Taxes Doddridge County Real Property - Tax Year:

Ticket Number: 0000007498 Account Number: 00009749
District: 03 - GRANT Taxpayer I.D.:

Owner Name: ELLIOTT THOMAS JACKSON HRS

In Care of: %EXCO Address: PO BOX 8 RAVENSWOOD WV 26164 Lending Inst: Property: MIN INT 25.5 LEASED AC

Map: 9999 Parcel: 0003 2214 0000 Lot Size: Acreage: Book: Page: Tax Class: 3 Homestead Exemption: Back Tax: Exoneration: Prior Delin

Hi Beth, Here are some links to start with Doddridge documents website The above is not complete but has some older records as well as the recent ones. Some older ones are listed in the index (do a search on a name or book/page and they come up) but you cannot view them. Doddridge county Roots The above is a genealogy website that has some interesting things.

WV Geological and Economic Survey API search The above is a good source of info on wells, including older ones. I have seen some production data as early as the 1970s. The WV Office of Oil and Gas only has about 5 years data now. Also a way to view location. You have to mess around with the map view but some helpful things. Doddridge tax map/parcel map website The above is helpful if you know the district, tax map and parcel for Doddridge. There is a way to show wells, not complete but pretty useful. Doddridge tax info The above has tax info going back into the 1990s. helpful in tracking ownership and mailing addresses. Should be interesting in your search for information. Exco probably paid the taxes to keep up with things rather than risk having the interest sold to a buyer who they might not want to deal with. Anyway some things to start with. Please ask questions if something is unclear or if you have some trouble with one or more of the websites. Some are a bit tricky. I have had to figure out some things on my own, and some things other people explained to me.