Import limit of 200 posts

Kenny,

I saw in your reply to Clint somewhere that this import is limited to 200 replies. It that only for the testing or will the production conversion import also be limited to 200 posts/replies? If limited to 200, there are several places where valuable information will be lost. Information in the comment walls in particular. An example is the Grady County, OK will only import about a month’s worth of posts.

Yup. 200 is all Ning gives us.

Hmm. Perhaps I should look at that scraper code again. Indeed, https://www.mineralrightsforum.com/t/grady-county-ok-oil-gas-discussion-archives/1412 goes back only to Oct 11 from a November 14 download.

@Kenny_DuBose–you want me to see what I can figure out on that if I spend no more than an hour or two?

Losing the ability to look up data on a particular subject that was previously posted on the wall is one thing. But losing some key words, company names, well name, and other key items, might easily change google rankings as well as MRF hits for someone searching google directly on those items. There is a lot indexed data in those wall posts.

@Jay_Pfaffman as you can observe, ole @Rick_Howell is singing my song! Yea, spend some time on that… start with no more than 2 hrs., and provide me a sense of what the path forward looks like after that time investment