Grady County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Grady County, OK. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news in the SCOOP and SOHOT

Test Post in the archives

Dawson Geo-Physical is doing a 3-D Seismic in most of Grady County…

Contiental and Western Oil and Gas Seem to be the main forces drilling currently with $500.00 an acre bonus and 3/16 Royalty or 1/4 Royalty w No bonus…XTO seems to be interested in a few other lease holds in the 7N/6/W townships seems thats where all the activity is right now…

Any activity in 4N 7W Grady county Glad to hear the Seismic is going on that could be good :slight_smile:

Hey welcome to the Grady page…Nothing yet…

Phyllis conquest land is leasing in that area should be hearing from them soon

HI Brian, I checked and I think everything we have is held by production (such as it is) thanks for the info

Grady: Continental Resources, Inc.; Igo No. 1-27H Well; S1/2 SE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 27-07N-06W; TD 18,160.

Brian thankyou for the information, i saw it listed in the pper this morning, maybe they wil come our way next or soon.

Grady: Marathon Oil Co.; K. Richards No. 6-17H Well; NW1/4 NE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 17-03N-05W; TD 19,366. Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-oil-and-gas-prices-august-9-2011/article

Brian, In your post on June 26th, you mentioned Continental. Does that mean Continental Land Resources?

Brain, thanks for the information and your reply so quickly. Do you know of a website that shows Grady County sections and locations of wells?

Hello all. Interested party here. Sort of coming back home after a long while. Been in Texas many, many years and am still in the Oil and Gas Exploration game there. I am from Chickasha and finished my Geology degree from OU in 1958. I grew up geologically in the Anadarko Basin, chased a lot of seimic crews over the hills there and am interested in what is going on there now with the Woodford Shale. Being a Geologist/Geophysicist I will follow the developments in Grady County with a great deal of interest.

Section 2 T/3/N -R/5/W ,is being pooled by Contiental Resources in a few weeks there are no Other permits as of Today to Drill but that could change in the last few months the play in the 5N 6/W Township has been in Sections 1-6 and with wells drilled in that area 5 Miles North of Section 30

Activity 6N-5W

Is there any drilling planned for 6N-5W, especially section 30 or other sections close?

If a 640 acre unit is established and forced pooled and a successful well is drilled in that unit, all royalty owners in that 640 acre unit would share in that well. What happens if the unit has a total of four wells drilled in it on 160 acre spacing to exploit the potential? Do the original royalty owners share in the additional three wells or is the royalty split up based on a 160 acre unit and which 160 acre unit a specific royalty owners interest is located?

My instincits tell me that once a 640 acre unit is pooled all royalty owners would share in whatever wells were drilled in that unit. Is there ever an instance in Okla where a 640 unit is pooled say in the west half of Sec xx and the east half of sec yy and the two combined would form a 640 acre unit?

Just getting acquainted with Okla. I know Texas and Louisiana real well since all of my work in exploration has been there, and in an established unit, whatever size, the original royalty participants in the first well share in any additional wells drilled in that unit.

Yes all owners in the 640 acre spacing unit would share in the additional wells drilled…And yes to your second question as well…That would be an irregular section and it does happpen infact just a few weeks ago in the 3-5 range one was Spaced Irregular with Marathon

Thanks Brian, that answers my questions.

In looking over some of the comments from mineral owners that had successful wells drilled by Devon the payment function was rather slow. But basically, from what I read, an operator of a producing well is not obligated to pay a mineral owner within the first six months of production. The statute is an old ruling and I’m sure that a whole lot of lobbying between operators and the state took place in writing the ruling.

What it amounts to though is that the operator has the use of “free money” from completion out to six months from completion. Having worked for Devon I can see the problems a very large company has in just getting the paper work all in place to cut the division orders. But six months seems more than adequate to complete the task. Now if the ruling had said that the operator had just 60 days to cut the division orders and pay the mineral owner, that time table could be met by the operator if they had to do it in the shorter time frame.

But the ruling is what it is.

Grady: Sheridan Production Co. LLC; Bradley Townsite A No. 3-27 Well; SW1/4 NE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 of 27-05N-05W; 176 barrels oil per day, 1,718,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 14,549.

Sheridan Production Co. LLC; Nellie No. 1-30 Well; NW1/4 SE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 of 30-05N-05W; 505 barrels oil per day, 4,051,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 15,912.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-oil-and-gas-prices-august-17-2011/articl…

Grady: Eagle Rock Mid-Continent Operating LLC; McElvany No. 2-23 Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 23-05N-05W; TD 12,375. Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-oil-and-gas-prices-august-17-2011/articl