Hughes County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Please give the Section and Range when you have questions.

I’d be interested in speaking with you about your interest

Jeffrey, If you own both surface and minerals, then seriously consider leasing and not selling. Get a separate lease for the surface than for the minerals. The mineral lease is short and sweet, but need particular clauses to protect you. The surface use lease is much longer and needs to protect your croplands, water, etc.

Jeffrey, lot of interest in your area. Speak with several companies before thinking about selling. Or just leasing and NOT selling.

Thanks for the input everyone. Anyone have any idea who the potential operator might eventually be for any drilling? I know there are a few in the area. I would think that if a resource company that is mainly interested in minerals all of a sudden wants to buy the surface (at market rates) sight unseen, there must be something happening soon.

Clauses were mentioned in M Barnes comment. I have an Exhibit “A” that I would like to get reviewed to see if it is good from the royalty owners perspective. Anyone?

Mineral%20Lease%20Exhibit%20A%20Clauses%2003082017.docx

Robert, that is pretty close to the one I use.

I have an offer to buy minerals in section 11-8N-11E in Hughes county. In fact, I have had several offers over the last month which leads me to believe that the buyers know something I don’t. Can anyone provide any insight re leasing or purchasing minerals in this section or, does anyone know where I can find the latest geophysical (survey) information for this section?

Robert, two additional wells have just been approved for 11-8N-11E. It reads like there may be three someday. The buyers are hoping you are unaware of the extra wells. OCC cause 201605512-T is the docket number. 201605510 has a map of the first two wells.

Even if you knew about a geophysical survey, you would not have access to it unless it was in your lease terms (which is exceedingly rare.) Lots of Woodford horizontal drilling in the area. If you sell, you give up the royalties of the upcoming wells.

Thank you M. Barnes.

Anyone aware of the current leasing rates in

Township 6N Range 10E and

Township 6N Range 9E

Have been contacted in the last couple of weeks by several landmen representing Silver Creek, Corterra, and Atalaya

The offer levels have been pretty wide and was wondering if the two different ranges were that different. Range 9 was much lower than Range 10.

They are looking at the Woodford in both ranges.

Randall what section r u in?

Is there any activity in or near Sec 36-9N-10E

24 and 25

Calyx Energy III LLC was lease quite a bit in mid 2016. Pooled in December 2016. Multi-unit horizontal well planned for the Woodford. 180 days from Dec 20 for spud date.

There are quite a few poolings pending in 6N-9E in mid April. Once those are public, that will be the going rate for the area. Might want to wait about two weeks to see the results. Looks like some multi-section horizontal wells coming.

A couple of poolings pending in 6N-10E.

Make sure you get a no post production costs clause. No “enhanced”, just no charges at all (taxes are okay).

I’ve gotten an offer for Sec 26-6N-9E that seems quite low, $300 acre 3/16s from Silver Creek. What are the current average bonuses for the area? I see the lease offers in Sec 18 are the same as I’ve received. any comments?

hshroyaltycorp-

My name is Laura Mink I work with Corterra Energy and we are leasing in Hughes County. I would be happy to extend an offer to lease the mineral interest you purport to own. Please feel free to call, at your earliest convenience, (580)606-1480 or email Laura.Mink@mcdls.com.

I look forward to speaking with you!

hshroyaltycorp - I recently (a few weeks ago) upped my minimum for leasing in Hughes county from $300 to $400 per net mineral acre ( with the usual 3 years, 3/16 interest). This is not based on anything other than what most lessors have been willing to pay. Note that lease bonuses can vary greatly section to section, even tract within section to tract within section.

Laura, please abide by the rules of the forum. You may not post solicitations here, only on the Mkt Place tab above.