Hughes County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Mr. Barnes, thank you for the clarification. That is what I was thinking, but I wanted to make for sure we were not missing something. I’ll speak with our attorney soon about this.

Phil,

Recent poolings in that area have been for $250 3/16th or $0 and 1/5th. The most important thing is to get a good lease which has no post production charges. There are several clauses that you want as well. Friend me with the blue icon at the left and I can walk you through the process. I am a mineral owner and just want you to get better informed before you jump into this.

Thank You. I have sent a friend request. I will take any information I can get. On the offer there isn’t any mention of any charges, clause, just the offer. There are 3 step offers starting at only 110

I am new to this forum and actually mineral owner knowledge. I am inquiring on behalf of my wife. She has inherited mineral rights on Section 24-7N-8E. She has received an offer that I believe is too low. I am trying to find out, like some others on this group, a current leasing rate that is fair. Don’t know where to find that information. Can anyone please help. Drilling company will be Silver Creek which is no stranger to the area.

I just received a “cold call” from a landman wanting to buy my non producing mineral interest in Hughes County. Is there something happening? My interest is the SE 1/4 of Sec. 31, Twp 9N, Range 10E. Nobody has contacted us to lease but I am wondering if there is a well and they couldn’t find us. I see where there are 12 new drilling permits in Hughes Cty in just the last two months.

My family has inherited mineral rights in sec 34 8N 10E, and has received an offer to lease or buy our rights, from Meadows Oil. No prices on either just inquiry. Does anyone know anything about this company as I have never heard of them, am fairly knew to this business of owning mineral rights, and want to make sure we do the right thing for the family. Thanks in advance for any info.

Virginia, Welcome to the family!

Do not sell until you get thoroughly informed. Many companies are out there buying right now and they generally offer below market price. Meadows has been around for a while.

If you are new, there are many folks on the forum willing to help. I suggest that you read the last year of info on this county and any other county in which you inherited rights. Read the Mineral Rights tab above and the Blogs above. Also read through the discussions. Grady, Stephens and Blaine counties have some really good discussions and excellent advice. (the geology and prices are different, but the advice is good on how to get good leases, what to look for, etc. )

Depending upon where you are in 34, you may be due some royalties. Fell free to friend me with the blue icon to the left if you have questions. I do not buy nor sell, but am a mineral owner. I can help walk you through the leasing process.

New to this group, so I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. We recently signed a mineral lease with Meadows and have now been contacted by Continental Land Resources about a “Surface Damage Agreement”. They are wanting to place a pad site for 2 rigs plus a saltwater disposal well and feel like they have low-balled their initial offer. We are in Section 36. Does anyone have info on going rates for SDW and/or pad sites?

Thanks Martha, guess I have a lot of reading to do. Will friend you if and when I need help or questions. Thanks again.

All I know is the West 1/2 of the South 1/2 of the Southwest 1/4 of Section 36 8N 10E. Near Holdenville, may be Greasy Creek, but not sure.

Thanks, Steve. We have a representative. I was just curious what others had been receiving for similar agreements.

$25k for a 3.3 acre pad site which is to accomodate two wells plus one saltwater disposal well. Neighbors are aware of an offer for $175k for an SDW alone.

Kim - I’ve heard Trae Gray is great help with Surface Damage Agreements. All of it way over my head but heard nothing but great things. His website is www.landownerfirm.com.

Kim - What township/range was this?

Thank you, Kim. What was their initial offer?

The city of Calvin is in the north half of 28, so that may complicate things. You can drill from outside to under, but nothing going on right now. Three leases in 2015-2016 in 28. Great Sky Partners LLC. Two of those in late 2016, so that is hopeful.

Last drilling permit in the whole township was in 2015 for 25&36.

Horizontal well in 29 (2007), two horizontal wells in 32 (2007), one horizontal well in 34 (2007), quite a few horizontal wells in 27 (2014) , but they go northeast into 23.

Anyone receiving offers to sell lately? Or lease? Im trying to get a feel for current pricing in Hughes. Thanks!

Hughes has several different plays, so you need to be more specific with your section and range.

I own most of section 15 between Dustin and Wetumka. Does anyone here know of any potential oil and gas activity there? I have a resource company wanting badly to purchase my surface as well as my minerals. Any help or insight would be tremendously appreciated.

Sorry about that Sec 15 9 11