How to Release Oil and Gas Lease on Residential Property

Hi All:

I am looking for the proper form to be notarized and recorded with the County to release a very old Oil and Gas Lease on my property title. The company who now owns the Oil and Gas Lease is willing to executed a Release but are located in Texas and not sure of the proper form for completion in Los Angeles County. I do not want a Quitclaim, but an actual Release or Surrender of Oil and Gas Lease. Please advise of the correct if you now it. Thank you so much.- Dee

Welcome. The American Association of Petroleum Landmen may have the proper form for California. Make sure it gets filed in the proper county courthouse.

Hi Dee. We just spoke. You can email me at with that information.