How to confirm Royalty Int. on Division Order

No our family owns mineral rights as well as property and surface…

The quarter section may matter then. There may not have been drilling in your acres.

Does tht section have a name on it? And how many acres

How do i find tht information?? There are less than 15 acres in tht area 7 1/2 belong to my family

This is a map of the section 1-13N-12E. The only production was in the NW4. I also attached a list of wells which were drilled. You can see that they are very old. Some even drilled with cable tools. You can look them up at the OCC at this website. Open the 1002A to see the completion reports, Most of them were dry holes, so no production. The ones that did have production were very,very minimal. (Test). The last operator in the area was Bob Ross who bought a couple of the old wells back in 2002 (Gill 1-B and Gill 1), but they had stopped production in the 1980’s. If your farm was not in the NW4, then no point in chasing after any old production because your family was probably not in the spacing unit so no royalties due. The amount of production was so small and it was so long ago, this is probably not worth messing with trying to track anyone down even if you were in the NW4.

thank you Looks like we are in tht section. I will follow through on your link…to see wht or how much it yielded but judging from the map and the name listed my family is there…

We are in the NW4 section looks like according to the dates. It was 23yrs

Having a hard time with specifics like api # district # operator eyc.im guesstimaing from the above map and info.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx the API is listed. It is the column to the left of the well names in the list above. put a 35 on it for the complete API (that is the state code). The Well Records list gives the operators.

That is a legal description for 7.5 acres but doesn’t mean you own any of the minerals.

Wht the heck.???.im not here to argue ownership…i need to know how to determine wht was drilled from there and value…

I’d listen to Martha’s advice. As to value, since there’s no production currently going on it’s hard to put a number on it. From what Martha outlined on the past poor production of wells in the section, I’d say the value is low. 01-13N-12 is pretty far from the horizontal activity in that part of the world.

Here is a rough map of the area. The left side is a plain map with the acreage sketched in. The right side is with the satellite data. None of the wells were drilled directly on the acreage. It is possible that the mineral acres might have been included in the well spacing. Wells this old may not have modern spacing. Most of these were very shallow wells, with very small drainage areas and likely not draining any of your acerage (if the minerals were owned).

If you go to the OCC website listed below and type in 0113N12E, you can see the information that they have on the wells. If you choose the 1002A form, it will list the operators. If you look at form 1073, you can see when the operators sold the wells to other operators. The last owner is listed as Bob Ross in Okmulgee. Form 1003 shows the wells that are plugged.

You could also go onto www.okcountyrecords.com and hunt for your family names. The online records only go back so far. It is possible that your family owned the surface but not the minerals. Look for deeds that might have indicated a sale. You can also see any recent leasing. Test

There was hardly any production on these wells, so the value was very low and has been exhausted.

I did go to see if anything was filed in my family’s name giving permission nothing was listed re oil and gas permits or drilling i will go to library and follow your instructions to see if anything comes up I tried using wht info i had…i may not have input info properly thank you for your help

Wht would your opinion be on selling mineral rights and how much per acre?

Each family has to choose for themselves what is best. Given that your area has old production that has expired and no new production pending, probably not worth much. I do not know what agents in that area are offering.

I was contacted …the decusion is mine

The decision is mine …just trying to get an idea of wht mineral rights are going for

I have not seen any offers in that area. Perhaps someone else on the forum can comment.