How long do you have to wait?

How long from the time you sign a lease with Antero before you hear from them again or receive one of them DO's. We signed in June of 2014 and never heard from them again. When I called the fella a couple weeks ago he was out of the office and never returned my call yet. I know theres a long period between the signing and such but just wondered how long. I was just curious. thanks.

My siblings and I signed lease modifications with Antero around the same time as you, and haven't heard anything either. Who did you try to call? If it's the landman that negotiated your lease, I wouldn't bother with him. I also need to follow up with Antero, and have read on this forum not to call the office in WV but to call the office that's (I think) in Colorado. Undoubtedly you would need to give them the well names and API#'s in addition to the county and district where you own mineral rights. If I find out anything, I will post here again, as well as updating a post I created last summer. Good luck, and please post an update if and when you have one!

Charlene, You need to know if the lease was permitted yet, than start following up with Denver, but let me give you an example from one lease that I signed in 2009, permitted 4/12/2013, drilled 9/20/2013, went to sales in Jan 2014, received Div. Order Jan 2015, and finally received a check on the 28th Feb. Don't mean to scare you but it takes time-sometimes a long time. You can pick up a lot of info by reading our forum, some good smart people here.

Just and FYI... Antero laid off about 250 landmen back in January. We were on our 4th rep and now have nobody to return our calls or answer questions. They might also be waiting for the new proposed pooling laws to be passed or can be stalling for other various reasons. A signed lease is not an automatic "Go" when it comes to mineral rights and especially Antero! Good luck and let us know if you hear anything. Thanks for sharing.

http://marcellusdrilling.com/2015/01/antero-resources-lays-off-250-landmen-blames-low-oil-prices/

Call Spencer Booth at Antero. He is the over all the landsmen.

Linda, Is Spencer in Denver or WV?

He is in Denver. Good luck

Ha! Yeah, thanks ; )

My two cents worth> I have never been able to get info from a landman on status of a well. I wait until the lease is permitted then I have a API number to reference to, then I call Denver and ask for the division order dept. After a well is permitted it goes to the law office in Bridgeport for further research on title, then on to the D.O Dept for further title research to determine who gets what, very time consuming job, one of reasons it takes so long to get answers, I know of no one in Denver that was laid off.

Good luck to you all & God Bless :)

I've found that getting any information out of WV on Antero questions is useless. Call the Denver office. They have been responsive in answering my questions.

My husband & his siblings have leases on property that was included in a pooling & were sent a D.O. in Dec. 2014. The well was permitted in 2012, drilled in 2013 & was producing in 2014. They're still waiting for their checks. It's not quick money that's for sure. You have to call Colorado office if you want any info. Local office doesn't have any answers. Husband & family were contacted by someone in TX who needed to confirm addresses before the D.O.'s could be sent out. She had some info, but referred them to Callie Gillock in Colorado office to get further info. Doesn't sound like their going to get a very big check.

check with the Denver office.

check wilth the Denver office

Just wanted to let you all know that Antero is mailing my first royalty check today. I signed this lease (one of three) in February 2012; first sales were July 2014; D.O. received February 25, 2015 and signed and returned the same day. I was very pleasantly surprised as the decimal was small and it is a small tract and it really is a nice surprise! I am told that they will begin the work on well#2 within the next month or so. Just wanted everyone to know my timeline.

Jacqueline- my decimal has three zeroes in front of it, so I'm hoping for at least enough to cover the cable bill :).

D.

Darin, I have one well that also has three zeroes in front of it, but two-three hundred a month coming in is better than 0 coming in before I signed the lease RIGHT?? Jacqueline, nine months waiting for your D.O is not bad, I have two wells that Is now paying and I waited over a year from time of sales.

I hear ya Darin! But to me, it's like pennies from heaven. I'm very grateful to receive anything I haven't worked for or feel like I have earned.

Arnold- absolutely, I'll take it!! Grateful beyond measure!

That's is a great return on a 0.000XXXXX interest well! Arnold, is that one well, or a unit containing two wells? I have interests in 5 units, each containing 2 wells. I just have no idea what to expect monetarily, quite frankly. But I will say that it couldn't come at a better time, with one in college and the other in high school!

Charlene, I just talked to Antero this morning. One of our wells had first sales this month. I asked her when I could expect a Division Order and the lady said..."things have slowed down, so it could be 6 months to a year."

Hope it's sooner but Im happy.. Hang in there it will happen :)