Houston County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Anyone in this group with scanning eqp and experience with same? If so, please post a copy of your Navidad /Sem letter to this discussion group. If you only have a FAX machine send FAX to The Franks at (936) 359-2294. Regards, Orlan

SEM is telling anyone who calls that they will not include them in the production unit if they donā€™t sign. This nothing but a pure out right lie.

A well canā€™t be put in a field until it is drilled and tested then the results filed with the RRC and it is approved for a particular field designation by the RRC after it is tested.

Call SEM at 903-526-5800

Anyone know a good oil and gas surface damage attorney ?

SEM is sending these letters to nearly everyone of the mineral owners on the leases they bought. This is nothing but a dirty trick to enlarge the unit and dilute everyoneā€™s interest. It is a ā€œpure lieā€. The TEXAS Railroad Commission has some unfair field rules that should not be allowed. The idea here is to be able to enlarge the units and hold more acreage with less wells. There are also other companies besides them doing it. This is a way to circumvent the terms of good oil and gas leases. It is not quite as simple as that. Donā€™t do it! The FT. Trinidad field rules make 640 acres a rule. Oil Companies are trying to get the wells that are mostly oil classified as gas wells to take advantage of the larger units. Donā€™t be a fool and sign this.

1 Like

SEM has staked out pad on my land. They say want to be ready to drill in 3 months.I think that gives me a lot of bargining power ?

1280 west 3.2 miles from LoveLady light on left or south side.

Here is a link for the article: http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/internet-resourcesā€¦

George, did your well get drilled?

Tammy Minter, The group hasnā€™t been very active from what I can see. It used to be so hopefully with activity in the area picking up so will the group conversation! I havenā€™t been seeing a lot about new leases and it is something I have been keeping an eye on because we are hoping someone will want to lease our property soon. Currently, I have just seen a lot of drilling permits for properties that are already have existing leases.

Vicki Kruger, congratulations! Hope they start moving a little more our way soon. We are over in Crockett!

Thanks for the link to Permit Approved to Drill on 6/10/14. Prissick, W and A-67. That is our little portion of mineral rights. Very Excited to see the Permitā€¦

Yes, CNT! We are hoping to see some leasing happen out in Crockett. We are anxious to lease ours and have it tested but donā€™t want to jump the gun!

Oh, perfect! Thank you Clint! That link is so long!!

Good morning all. Does anyone know if there is any leasing going on around Latexo, Texas?

Welcome to Tammy Minter . Iā€™m not sure about Latexo, but I keep seeing that Houston County area is drilling and starting to drill. Hopefully someone who knows will answer your question. Try to scroll through all the info in this group. It helped me a lot.

We were contacted this week by a ZaZa representative wanting to lease our minerals in Trinity County (Friday area). He said they were wanting to put together approx. 3000 acre block to drill several wells. I guess we will see how this develops.

Can we get some company names that people have been contacted by or are already leasing/drilling with so we know who to look for? I know some already from public record but that is just for those that have received permits to drill. Also, if you are feeling generous, maybe the rates that were agreed upon for leases and royalties? It would be nice to know what the going right in the immediate area is!

I was given this link for Houston County, these are permits that have been approved since the first of the year. It has the operating companies names in the 4th column.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/publicQuerySearchAction.do

Our family property was also leased my Chesapeake from '06-'09 but they up and left and didnā€™t tell us anything about the testing done on our property even though it states in the lease agreement that they needed to. We donā€™t know if they found anything or if they didnā€™t and that is why they left. I havenā€™t seen much about them in the current lease/drilling forums but I donā€™t think we would ever use them again.

Thanks to all for the comments. I own mineral rights to a few acres outside of Latexo. Cheasapeake leased it a few years ago. I would like to lease it again. A company had called a few months ago but I was unable to get any of the contact information. Anyone have any of the company names leasing in that area?

Jessica,

Iā€™m going to help you with your link:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do?pā€¦

Your link didnā€™t come out right.

Clint Liles

Does anyone have a contact number for lineman, Roy Sanders?

Thank you!