Houston County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I have heard there are two seismic companies coming to Houston County. Does anyone know about this?

No Ric, but keep us posted.

Does anyone have any information about the Sterling lll pipeline that is supposed to go through Houston County? What’s the status of the pipeline around Crockett?

A couple of weeks ago they left word on my house phone that they were starting to survey and construction would soon follow. They said they would start on the “south end” and work towards us. My ROW is in Trinity Co.

A friend of mine in Liberty Co. told me this week that they had started surveying on his property.

I also read in the Athens newspaper that construction had started there in Henderson Co.

That is about all that I know.

Universal is just about finished buying their ROW and just as Vernon mentioned, they are set to begin construction shortly.

Thanks to Vernon and Taylor for their input. Could anyone tell me what is being offered to obtain a ROW for this pipeline? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

When selling a pipeline right of way it is to the landowners benefit to sell it “by the Acre”! If you sell it by the rod it is in the companies benefit and you are at a great disadvantage. $10,000 per acre to $14,000 is what the Timber Companies Get in East Texas. But of course they don’t want to pay “Joe Blow” that. Make them tell you how many acres are in the Work easement and the permanent easement. If you are selling it by the rod and it 30 ft. wide this is a big price difference between one that is 75 ft. wide! Go to a website called Cotton Oil Properties, Beaumont Texas and get the pipeline right of way document. He has real good oil and gas leases and addendum’s. Also a lot of other things.

What are they offering you and for which pipeline? Who is the company?

1 Like

If you go to the first Page of this website and look at the blog by Buddy Cotton he has some suggestions. He represents land and mineral owner’s. Cotton Oil Properties.com

We have not been contacted about a ROW yet. The company is Oneok and it is the Sterling lll pipeline. We wanted to know what has already been negotiated, as we are new to all this. Thanks for your input Mineral Owner.

You can find some information here.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/forum/topics/requesting-pipeline-…

I just received a letter and a post card from a Case Co. wanting to make me an offer for the mineral rights located in Houston County. Has anyone heard of this company or received any letters from them?

I just received a call from a company wanting to purchase outright my minerals. Has anyone sold or heard of mineral sales in Houston County and if so, what kind of money are they offering per acre?

If you will give a legal description of their location and the amount of Net mineral acres you own, who made the offer and so forth. Get them to put in writing with an email and mail you what they are proposing. If you want to sell, build up the competition. Remember, “NO DRAFTS”

What is the going rate of lease per acre.

I am 3 miles west of Lovelady on 1280 west.

That is one of the “hottest” area’s of the county right now. There is a lot of drilling going on. There is also production in your immediate area. I can’t see why you are not already leased or you may be.

SEM wants to change my lease agreement to commingle various individual horizons but will not pay additional funds. Should they not pay more ?

Thanks, Any sugestions on surface damage fees ? Pad,road, pipelines, power, fracking pond all right in the middle of my land.

Many people already have signed, what happens if I don’t ?

We are currently leased to Navidad/Sem. We restricted the unit sizing in the lease to prevent them from diluting our interest. Our lease is expiring later this year and we will not renew with them, without a drilling commitment and a further reduction in the size of a proposed unit. we are 1.5 -2 miles NE. of Weldon.

Just a further note that well spacing for a vertical well like the ones drilled by Navidad/Sem can be as small as 40 acres.