Henderson County, TX Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Rock man Is that good news about the drilling and/or sale?

Drilling is too far away to impact your area. Sale may mean new owner (assuming deal goes through) will do things in area to try to rejuvenate the field and surrounding area.

The latter may have a positive impact on A-581 over time.

"Personally I hate to see Chesapeake in the area"

very much agreed

Silver Tusk is a broker dealer so I wouldn't hold my breath on their well

There seems to be leasing activity or interest in A-492, A-65, A-23, A-701,A-522, A-521, A-114 & A-835 in Henderson County. I leased a small mineral interest in the A-492 & A-65 about a year ago. I've heard mention of interest in the others here @ MRF. Has anybody heard if there is a operator or just speculators?

This area (far NE Henderson just south of VZ County line) has been hit heavy by brokers for several groups. Marden, Riverwood, Eagle Land and just three of the brokers who are in this area.

They appear to be affiliated with different operators including Chesapeake and possible Clayton Williams and Carrizo. There groups all appear to be playing the Goodland lime (unconventional play in its early stages).

Maximus / Key production has taken leases at the three county intersection area to drill Paluxy wells.

haha nevermind, rockman knows! ugh, jmo but meet Chesapeake with a 12 gauge if they show up at your door step! Between Texas and North Dakota they shouldn't be allowed to drill in the United States

Problem is that they are using brokers who usually are mum on giving up their client's name. The Eagle Land #1 Ned was their well - apparent "science well" to get data for the play.

yeah, they pulled that in North Dakota, then dropped everyone's leases. I think they are still in court over that. There is a right and a wrong way of doing things... Aint much right with that outfit.

Some people believe that they are a different company since Aubrey left and Lawlor took over. Guess we will see as time goes by

Everyone is using brokers lately - no one leases in their own name

yeah, waiting game

I would love to pick up some conventional leases in Henderson but everyone seems to be leased already.

Well whoever it is,they are on the clock with me. I guess all one can do wait and hope you get a quality operator. Thanks for all the response.

Joshua- what do you mean "love to pick up some conventional leases in Henderson" Are you a landman or mineral owner? I'm a layman and don't understand some of the lingo used in the forum conversations.

thanks jj

I'm new to forum--thanks in advance for any advice you can give. I recently signed a 3 yr mineral rights lease for my small share of old family farm near Poynor, IW Burton Survey A-3, no surface rights. Landman told me O'Brien Resources is getting leases on 15-20,000 acres around there and good chance to get active oil well in next 3 yrs. He said producing oil well 1-2 miles away. I am having trouble finding the property on the Tx Railroad Commission map. Any comments? Thanks so much.

OBENCO has drilled 5-6 vertical wells and in now on their 3rd horizontal Rodessa well. All located along the Henderson / Anderson County line.

They also just drilled and plugged shallow well near LaRue Dome.

PJC,

A lot of these older oil wells in this area have been managed for years by Hunt Oil Company. This area is know for the James Lime Formation. I understand one of the targeted formations for this area now is the Goodland Lime.

GIS Map of Henderson County A-3 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

Clint and Rock Man, wow what fast responses! It helps to see the map although I don't know exactly where our property falls in the survey area. My mom's old papers said it was 1/2 mile west of Poynor. I know back many years ago Transfuel Resources leased the property but evidently never drilled on it. From reading the forum I gather OBENCO is who O'Brien is working for/with? Did they find oil in the vertical wells recently? You are right, just found old 1992 lease my mother had, it said Fairway and Sand Trap James Lime field. Hunt oil, Pennzoil were in the area then. Wonder if anything will actually happen to bring in royalties...what do you think?

PJC,

This link is to the Completion Report on one of the O'Benco wells in the area. 573 BOPD(Barrel Oil Per Day) and 753,000 MCF Gas per day. Darn good well in my opinion. But time will tell if it holds up to be a profitable/economical well. Depends on the decline in production over time.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=101827

Clint Liles