Help with oil and gas royalties

In April, 2018, I received a letter stating that I was part owner of a oil & gas lease in Wetzel County in West Virginia, this was passed to me after my fathers death. I signed a lease modification letter with EQT Production Company, received a check for $114.58 as a bonus for allowing them to drill, but have not heard anything since then. The letter had an EQT lease number 124457.10. Wetzel County lease book 52A, page 437. I don’t know if they are drilling, plan on drilling, haven’t heard a word from them. What do I do now?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Hi nanasue. The lease from book 52A, page 437 references the “waters of Hayward Run”. There are two permitted wells by EQT api 47-103-03269 & 47-103-03270 that appear to be in the area of Hayward Run. These wells, at least according to the West Virginia map https://tagis.dep.wv.gov/oog/, were permitted in 2019, but have not been completed yet. There isn’t much you can do but wait for the wells to actually be drilled and completed.

nanasue - I have a few signed leases with EQT. You can always call EQT Owner Relations and ask what the status is of your lease.

If you don’t know what your Owner Number is, ask them to provide it to you for future reference. Owner Relations was very helpful to me after my father passed and I was putting his leases in order.

My parents both have passed away and I have received royalty checks from eqt and I tried to find information out on them and they said they sold the right to whatever to diverse oil and gas company in Ohio but she didn’t go by my name when I asked you a question but she said the royalty come out of what’s the wetzel West Virginia I have no idea where to start even track this stuff down help help

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.