Help Locating Property Information

Hello, I’m new to this and maybe someone could help. I recently found that my sisters and I are being contacted on some mineral rights that we “like many people” didn’t know we owned. I have been given copies of documents for the property “early 1900’s” and latest tax information but Im not having any luck locating property location or any activity with the land in the past.

The tax information has map/parcel, ticket or account number on the property but give me little to no helpful information when I input it in the Taylor county tax research.The property in question is in Taylor County, McElroy District, Big Run.

If someone has tricks to maneuvering thru the system it would be appreciated greatly.

1 Like

Hello GZC… You may have better luck if you look in Tyler county. An earlier note on this forum noted that they are often mistaken by spelling. McElroy District is in Tyler county. There is a road and stream called Big Run in the McElroy District. A useful mapping link is: https://www.mapwv.gov/parcel/

Your parcel ID numbers may make more sense looking in Tyler county instead of Taylor.

Thank you for the information, I will do that today.

One of the WV maps for oil and gas has this link: https://tagis.dep.wv.gov/oog/

It looks like there are existing and permitted wells in the Big Run area of the McElroy District.

If you don’t already have copies of the mineral deeds, you may find it useful to search through the County Courthouse records, or have a landman search the records for you, to clearly understand what mineral holdings you have. Good luck and enjoy gaining an understanding of what you have.

Hi my mom is a new owner and i have been trying to understand the the acreage and the 2 lot numbers mentioned n her papers to understand how to help her on figuring how much her checks will b and if the 2 r gonna come of anything but we r new to this and idk how to figure this out

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.