Help figuring out natural gas rights

I just have a question and hope I can get steered in the right direction. About 2 years ago my father found out he owned some natural gas acreage in West Virginia. I’m not sure how all the wording works. He signed the paperwork to lease it and received a $500 bonus and then he informed me just recently that they came to him asking him to sell is rights. I told him not to do it but I’m afraid he may have I can’t be positive at this point. How do I figure out what his acreage is worth and or even if it is worth anything. We have no where to go nobody around our state seems to know any of this I would just kind of like to get pointed in a general direction so I can start getting some information and knowledge in this area. I don’t even know if I’m in the right form or if I join the right group or what. Thank you for your help

1 Like

I am moving your question over to the West Virginia Mineral Rights area in hopes of a more targeted answer. If you post it in the county where he has mineral rights, you may get a better answer. If he sold, the deed should have been posted in the county courthouse. Many of them are online these days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.