Getting started in identifying parcel and interest

Like others here, my two brothers and I have inherited oil and gas rights (maybe more) in Doddridge. I’ve no info on it at all, including where any proceeds are going. I have the ownership lineage and some old memories

Burnett (John and James), to Clara Burnett (John’s wife) to Lois Rita Burnett-Ludwick/Frank William Ludwick to Paul (me), Scott (deceased), and Craig (alive and well).

I think it may have something to do with St Mary’s church and cemetery.

Thanks for reading,

Paul

Paolo . . . you have come to the right place. Folks on this forum are awesome in helping us “newbies!” Unfortunately, I am so new to mineral rights that I’m not knowledgeable enough to help you. But I’ll try to offer a suggestion that I hope is correct!!!

Perhaps the Ludwick’s had 1099s or a file of mineral right records. That might help you find the well operators as a start.

@Paolo, you might try the Doddridge County Property Search with an Index Search on the names you know. This should at least give some location clues. DoddridgeWV_propsearch

Thanks very much fore getting back to me.I was able to find a parcel # in my dad’s papers. Now I’ll run that down.

Thanks again,

Paul

Thanks very much. I now have a parcel type and number.

This is starting to play intro my hobby of finding artifacts.

Thanks much,

Paul

1 Like

Kind of like a treasure hunt!! Hope you do find the treasure. I haven’t found one in my family’s holding but I having fun and learning a lot thanks to this Forum! Good luck!!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.