Getting ripped off

Hello, my name is elizabeth. And I am trying to find out about natural gas rights my grandfather left me some land and wetzel. They have been dragging me around for years and the last thing I got was a thing that said I could get $100 a month. Which I think is ridiculous I have no idea what my rights are here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like someone is trying to steal from me and I live in South Carolina so I cannot go to wetzel and see what’s going on. I need help please. Thank you so much in advance.

Please post your question in the state and county where you have mineral rights. This is a main high level category and folks from your area may not be watching here. If you have a location that is also helpful to post so that people who have knowledge of the area can direct you to the right sources. You also might try looking at the treasurer’s unclaimed funds in the state where your grandfather passed. If you have any wills or probate documents that would be very helpful.

There is activity in Wetzel, but you have to be able to prove that you are the heir and contact the operators to get payment in your name. Are you in touch with an attorney or with the operator? There are many, many heirs in some of the tracts, so your percentage depends upon what your grandfather gave you.

I’m sorry I forgot to mention that the way that my grandfather worked it was each person got a certain amount I got 42 acres

The company that I have been working with that is on the papers is eqt productions and I just want to know what’s going on. Is there any place that I can look up the deed for free everybody wants money to look up a deed

You can ask EQT for a copy of the paragraph of the title opinion that pertains to you. They may or may not give it to you. The deed should be filed in the county where the minerals are located. Some counties have documents online, but if the deed is old, you may have to get the county clerk to make a copy for you for a small fee (if you are polite and they have time). Some counties are in better shape than others for doing that. If your grandfather granted you title, it should have also been filed in the county. If it isn’t, then you need to do that. The county office is the official repository for the landmen.

Hello, I have a few things that might help. You can look up deeds on the Wetzel County website. You can look up your grandfather as “grantor” to see if a deed was made to you and your siblings. You can look him up as “grantee” to see what was deeded to him and search back further. You can also look up the deeds by book and page number. It is free to view the files online. But you must pay a small fee to download them or print them. Here is the website link: IDX reCAPTCHA If you know where the property is located or are paying taxes on it or know the Tax Map Parcel number (like 12-22-13), you might be able to find it on the tax map page: ArcGIS Web Application I looked up the name that appears on your mineral rights forum account on the first website and it shows 2 leases with EQT done in 2017 for 48 Acres and 2 1/2 Acres. If it was you that made those leases, then they are still active until May 1st of 2022. Has EQT notified you that they have drilled with a “Division Order”?
You can call EQT’s owner relations phone number (you will have to wait on hold most likely) to try to get information: 844-378-5263

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.