Geosouthern Activity- Washington County

Geosouthern has started moving the rig in on the pad they finished about a month ago that’s on the east side of 290 at the edge of Burton. It will be a tough site for trucks to get in and out of. If things progress as they normally do the rig should be up and the first well spudded within the next week. It’s been a while since GS drilled one in Washington County. I’m assuming since they have moved the rig back from Fayette County and they have several other pads completed that they will drill several more after they finish at this site.

There are signs at the gate for the Burton and Hielscher units but nothing about the third well GS permitted to be drilled from that same pad that they called the Oliver. The map shows the laterals for the Burton and Hielscher will extend under 290 and on west and the Oliver was supposed to go east.

Looks l

Dusty,

Thanks for the update on GS activity. It looks like your post may have been cut off? It ends with “Looks l”. Any word on Boundary School Rd? Thanks.

For some reason the system wouldn’t let me clean up my sloppy typing after last post.

Don’t know anything on Boundary School Road. Geosouthern has several other Washington County locations they permitted, completed the pads but have done nothing further. Their priority on drilling may come down to how much time is left on leases they have in each area. Maybe moving their rig back from Fayette County means they are ready to focus on Washington County again.

In case you haven’t been out towards Burton lately. A Drill rig is in place across from Malloy’s & the “Diving Board” is full of drill pipe. It has been going with the lights on for about a week or 2 now, South of 290 & east of 2502.

Which well is this that you’ve mentioned here?

I have no idea what they are calling it. I think Dusty1 called it the “Burton Unit” …it right off 290 in Burton.

The sign at the gate of that site indicates they are drilling in the Burton and the Heilscher units. A third well was permitted from that same pad and was supposed to have a lateral extending the other direction, toward Greenvine, but looks like they may have decided to wait on drilling that one.

Does anyone know who is drilling off of FM 109, between Welcome and Industry?

If I’m looking at the right location the operator is Carr Resources and the well is called the Huebner-Klaus A.C. Gas Unit. It is permitted as a wildcat at 15500 feet, I assume from the name aiming at the Austin Chalk, but it is also permitted in several Wilcox zones at about 9,000 feet. The drill site would be just off 109 about 2 miles south of FM 2502 with the horizontal leg extending further south toward Industry.

Any reports re Hielscher well?

Rig moved off last weeked. I assume Geosouthern finished drilling both the Hielscher and Burton wells since signs for both of them are by the entry. Next should be completing and fracking both wells which may take longer than it did to drill them.

Does anyone know where that big rig went? I was guessing the pad they have waiting on the south side of Zionsville Road would be next but nothing has shown up there.

Checked on the pad on Boundary School Road a few weeks ago and it almost looks abandoned. The gate was open and didn’t look like there had been any activity. Do you know if Geosouthern is giving up on these wells?

Crane is up and looks like fracking is underway on pad next to 290 where Geosouthern recently finished drilling their Burton and Heilscher wells.

Wes_Porter, if you are still checking here, Geosouther filed completion reports today on those two wells they permitted on Boundary School Road that we started talking about back in 2018. The links below should take you to the “Well Record Only” completion reports they filed for the Mitchell and Fuchs wells.

I don’t know why they filed these now since it appears nothing has changed since both of those wells were spudded in August, 2018. The Completion Information section of the report on the Mitchel says it was spudded 8/28/18 and drilling operations ended on 8/30/18. The summary page classifies it as a “Shut-in Producer” but the remarks section on the last page of the W-2 says “Well is not producing. Never completed. Well is TA.”…which I assume means temporarily abandoned.

What I’m wondering is whether Geosouthern has somehow been able to keep the leases in those two units active if they have done anthing there for more than a year? If any mineral owners in that area are receiving shut-in royalty payments or know what has happened on this I’d appreciate anything you can share on it.

http://webapps.rrc.texas.gov/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=229068

http://webapps.rrc.texas.gov/CMPL/viewPdfReportFormAction.do?method=cmplW2FormPdf&packetSummaryId=229066

1 Like

Any completion report or activity re Hielscher well?
TIA

I wonder about the Garlin and Dallmeyer wells?

JWCK, as far as I can tell those two wells were never drilled. Their permits don’t show spud dates like the ones for the Mitchell and Fuchs wells that were supposed to be drilled from that same pad on Boundary School Road. I’m thinking the leases in all those units should be beyond their primary term and wonder if they got extended or those mineral owners have pressed Geosouthern for releases?

No completion report filed yet but I think both the Heilscher and Burton wells were fracked and completed. They installed four storage tanks and have had a flare going for a month so first production numbers should be reported in next month or so.

I called a number on the completion report and found out that the Garlin and Dallmeyer wells were never spudded. She said more than likely they were not, due to the poor results from the Mitchell and Fuchs spudding. This pad has been temporarily abandoned, but could be looked at again once oil/gas prices rise.

Interesting that you were able to get an answer on that from someone at RRC. It hasn’t happened a lot in Washington County but it’s not unusual for a well to be drilled to the full proposed vertical depth and based on logs run on that part of the producing formation for a decision to then be made not to proceed on drilling the horizontal lateral. But in this case it appears spudding those two wells only involved drilling the initial few hundred feet of the vertical hole using a truck mounted portable rig so they could set surface casing and save time required with the big rig capable of drilling the type long horizontal well they had permitted. If that’s what was done at that pad on Boundary School it couldn’t have indicated poor, or good, results regarding the producing formation.

Just a guess but I think it’s more likely the other nearby wells Geosouthern had recently completed and was getting production results from were what influenced their decision not to bring in the big rig to finish drilling the two they spudded on that pad.