Geosouthern Activity- Washington County

Sorry guys, got the wrong drilling rig. I. Didn’t drive close enough to see who the rig was.

Hi Dusty. Please provide me with updates on Boeker wells when you have anything to share. Thx in advance.

Dusty

Thanks for the update. We will be in that area in the next couple of weeks and see what is happening regarding drilling/pipeline status.

W

Liz

Only thing I’ve seen on the Boeker wells is a directional survey Geosouthern filed with RRC the middle of last month showing the Boeker 1H reached total depth on Dec.15th. I saw fracking after that I assume covered both the Boeker 1 and and Union Hill 1 that were drilled from the same pad and a flare has been going since then.

Since the trench is still open it looks like the gas gathering system still hasn’t been completed even though AMP started building it several months before those wells were drilled. From what Geosouthern has done on other recent wells it could be several more months before they file a completion report and those wells could stay shut-in until they complete the pipeline and possibly the new gas processing plant those lines appear to be going to that AMP is building on Old Mill Creek Road.

I had speculated that one rig GS is using in Washington County, that’s currently drilling two wells from the pad on FM 1697 by Burton, would go next to the pad they’ve had ready on Boundary School Road. But I’m now thinking they may move it back to drill the 2H Boeker and Union Hill wells while it is in that area.

Thanks Dusty, I really appreciate your updates on his site.

Yes! Thank you Dusty! I have mineral rights on property off of Old Mill Creek Rd. so I am always thankful for the information you share with us.

I’ve asked the same thing a couple of other places but I’d sure appreciate hearing if anyone knows what kind of price per rod, or per foot, is being paid these days for any of those new pipeline right of ways in Washington County.

Dusty or anyone - Do you have information or an update on the Malkey 1H well in Burton, Texas ? Is it still producing ? I am so thankful for your information and appreciate it!

Beth, looks likel Geosouthern still has the Malkey shut-in. I just came across an article that was in the Brenham paper several days ago talking about the big gas plant AMP has been building on Old Mill Creek Road so I guess the secrets are over. I’ve got nothing to base it on but wondered if all three of those wells Geosouthern drilled from that same pad that is right at AMP’s new plant site (the Malkey, Korthauer and Prenzler) might be kept shut-in until the plant is finished. GS has several others were the gas production is apparently dedicated to AMP’s new system that are also waiting on either the pipeline system or processing plant to be finished.

Geosouthern finally did file full completion reports on the Korthauer and Prenzler wells last week so maybe one on the Malkey will be coming soon. I’m attaching part of the report they filed on the Prenzler that showed it is a big gas well but so far isn’t making any condensate. Since the horizontal leg of the Malkey parallels the path of the Prenzler and their laterals are similar length I’m thinking the the test results for both those wells should be the same ballpark. I know it’s hard to wait when you know a well has been completed, but keeping that gas in the ground until it can be processed may not be all bad.

Geosouthern Prenzler Completion Rpt.pdf (4.1 KB)

Beth11

Here is a link to the completion test on the Malkey that Geosouthern filed with RRC today. Like I had guessed it matched what they reported a week earlier for their Prenzler well, 12,864 mcf but no condensate. Big, high pressure, gas wells.

GeoSouthern Malkey Completion Rpt.pdf (4.1 KB)

Thank you so very much for keeping me informed. I am so grateful. What does it mean when it says no condensate? This is all new to me. Believing for the best!

It means the well is just making natural gas without any associated crude or gas condensate. That probably means the gas is pretty dry, or high in methane content, rather than containing many natural gas liquids (NGL’s) that are worth more than dry gas.

The good news is once they start producing them all three of those wells Geosouthern completed from that same pad are going to make a lot of gas, and that big gas processing plant AMP is building nearby will extract whatever gas liquids from it that is economic to go after.

They have a lot of other acreage to drill, so it may be a while, but I’ll be surprised if GS doesn’t follow up on those first ones with additional wells in each of those three units.

Has anyone heard anything about the Dallmeyer/Garlin/Fuchs site on Boundary School Rd?

Hi Matthew.

I believe we are currently looking at one of the 2 AC lots for sale of the 16 AC parcel you mentioned at Helm and Maas. We were not presented with a land lease addendum in our contract so I am interested in why you and not us…Also, did you go through with the purchase of the property? We are aware that three of the five have sold.

Thanks. Katherine

Hi Dusty,

I’ve been following the forum, but haven’t seen anything regarding the pad on Boundary School Road. Is Geosouthern planning on coming back to Washington County?

WP

Based on the two new pads they recently built I think Geosouthern will definitely be bringing a rig back, But why they haven’t followed through on that location they’ve had waiting on Boundary School Rd is a mystery.

Dusty, any updates re Hielscher unit?

Gravel is down on the entry road and it looks like the final site work is being finished on the pad where Geosouthern has permits for the Hielscher and two other wells. But there is no way to know when a rig might get there. GS already has other pads ready and priority is usually given to the units with shortest time left before leases expire.

It’s hard to see how they got the entry for that site on 290 approved. Coming out of it you are trying to jump into fast traffic that’s coming around a curve. Trucks heading toward Brenham will have no space to start gaining speed and a lot of the time the ones heading toward Austin won’t be able to cut across the traffic in time to hit the next turn around.

Anyone know if there is going to be anymore drilling by GeoSouthern around Greenvine? Why have things slowed down? I seismic company has contacted me for a study. Any information would be appreciated.

If you haven’t seen them read the comments in the chain called Where Did Rigs Move? If you’ll go up to the spy glass symbol at the top of this page and type that heading in it should pull up for you. Read the posts there by Tx_713 who is in a good position to know what’s happening in Washington and adjoining counties.

The last wells Geosouthern drilled along 2502 were pretty average gas wells with little or no condensate. GS just finished building a new pad on 290 at the edge of Burton and another one near Zionsville, and I’m thinking a rig will be showing up at one of those locations soon. But it’s hard to guess what will happen after those wells are completed. AMP is still building on their big gas plant on Old Mill Creek Road but with the slow down that’s taken place since the first of the year it’s hard to see where they are going to get enough gas to use all the capacity they are building unless they plan to process some of the streams that will soon be headed this way from West Texas.