Garvin County Section S29 4N-4W

July-August! So it sounds like most generally from the time a well is spud, your talking around 10 months to get a first check.

Generally. I just usually ballpark about a year. The wells are getting drilled faster and faster with better technology, but the time it takes to run title is getting longer and longer.

And it is interesting how these different land companies in Oklahoma City can sniff out where something is going to happen in the near future and then send out letters trying to buy that interest. I just received that for a different county where there is some horizontal drilling for gas a few section away but all I have now is surface wells that barely pay anything a year. Gives me hope they will want to drill in that area. To

It is their business to know. A lot of them have subscriptions to software that does some of the hunting for them. They know people who know people. They network. They have subscriptions to the county clerks offices, Oklahoma Corporation Commission, etc. The is one reason the forum is helpful. Now mineral owners have a bit more access to information.

1 Like

Yes, it’s very helpful!

How do I find any update on 35-4N-4W Rimrock has horizontal planned 201806900, 6899, 6898?

Actually Marathon is drilling that well. They spudded in the edge of section 34 and drilled into section 35.

Thank you! So does that mean mineral owners within a half mile either side of the horizontal drill path share in the production?

It means that any mineral owners within the spacing of the well will get royalty money. The equation is net acres/spacing acres x royalty x percent of perforations in your section.

The spacing case is 201807409. 640 acre spacing for the Mississippian, Woodford and Hunton.

Both wells were spud in May. You can follow them on the OCC well records site. Search in section 34 since the surface location is there. Jimmie Dell and Hollylujah wells. http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Only the folks in 35 will get paid. 34 only has the surface location.

I have seen posted on the forum that the OCC is several months behind in posting in their website. So is everything thats posted going to be several months old? I read on Oklahoma Energy Today the drilling permits and completions they post every day. Are those that are posted for a certain day actually older than that? Also when reading the land description on the OCC well search they show it as “C SW4 SE4”. Can you please tell me what the “C” means?

Thanks, Tom

Center of SW/4 SE/4.

Thanks, Todd, I thought it might be that, but I am trying to figure just how many net acres I have in the section. So I suppose I just omit the “C” and use the rest of the description. Thanks again. Tom

The OCC posts permits fairly rapidly. You need to look in the upper right hand corner to see the actual date of the permit. The completion reports are usually months behind due to several factors. The companies can be late in turning them in and the OCC may not have enough staff to keep totally up to date. Again, the posting date is not as important as the first sales date. That is why if I cannot find a completion report, I check the Gross Production site for the “active” date which is usually fairly close to first sales date.

The C stands for Center. That description is to the surface location of the well on the permit. It may or may not have anything to do with your actual mineral acre description, especially for a horizontal well. For a vertical well, it should be geographically close to your mineral description if you are getting paid on the well since you need to be in the spacing unit of the well in order to get paid.

Thank you Ma’am! You or Todd usually have an answer to most any question?

I get some royalty for some wells in 4N4W section 33 . Mainly Virgil Smith #3, and 4. Also for Davis-Smith 1. I know what decimal interest I was getting from Merit for these wells. I don’t know the spacing for them as I they were drilled in the 50’s. I would like or to be able to figure out the net acres! Tom

One more question I have. As I look at a completion report I noticed it says: Oil 560. Gas 6000 and then it says Water 2260. My question is about the water.
Is it ground water (which casing is supposed to prevent), or is it water they used to drill and frack the well or is there just water way down there? And when they get the water out of the well, what do they do with it? I suppose it is barrels of water they are talking about, correct? Thanks for all the lessons! Tom

Some of the initial water produced is frac water. Formation water is also sometimes produced. That is water (sometimes referred to as brine) that lies beneath the oil and gas layer in the reservoir.