Garvin County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks Darla !

Darla,

I am not sure, because the latest paper work I have is multiple copies of the same thing of the Granting motion.

I think things are still up in the air. They were working on the pad back in Nov. then stopped and nothing since then.

Steve,

Omer 2,3,4,5,6,&7 have been spud in late Jan and early Feb, 2018 20-3N-4W

Teresa,

According to the order below it was inadvertently dismissed and it was a mistake. The ALJ recommended re-opening.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/occ30024592.pdf

Don, So glad you are finally getting some of "the action". Yes, those years of waiting can get long. We actually had our minerals since we bought them when we were first married nearly 50 years ago. We borrowed the money to buy them just to help his cousin who needed the money and had been left those minerals when his dad was killed. We thought they would never be worth anything but needless to say that $150. and the wait was finally worth it. We don't own anything but our house in 4n4w but Stephen's Co. 2n4w are the ones that have paid off for us. We do have a little bit that my husband's mom left him a few years ago in 4n3w that had some old vertical wells on it and made us a whopping $160. this last year. lol Really wish you the best on your new wells! Love seeing everyone share the pie!

Linda thanks for the well wishes. These minerals have been in my family for over 60 years. There were wells drilled and some production back in the 50’s but with oil at $2 a barrel many were plugged, so I heard. Thank goodness for horizontal drilling.

Can anyone tell me about recent lease prices in the area of 3N-2E?

Judy, There hasn't been any poolings in several years so there is nothing "written" to base the lease prices. In 2011 all my family but me leased at $75 an acre in 3N 2E. I made them pool me. They drilled a well and I haven't seen anything from it since 2013. Wells in that area produce a lot of water and unless prices are high it's not worth it to pump them. Sorry it's not better news.

Thanks, Darla, these are old wells that haven't produced in years. They want to clean them out and drill deeper. Since we inherited it from our parents, we may have more questions. From what I remember from their conversations, I'm not surprised about the water.

Thank you Huey Paxton, I might have just read that wrong.
I guess that means thry can continue when they are ready
Thanks again.

Hi my name is Michael Mathias I inherited over 50 different mineral interests, spread across a dozen or so Oklahoma counties. First off I would like to say hello. I write books for a living (Fantasy and Horror) I am glad I found this group. After reading through a few back pages of your conversations, I saw how nice and helpful everyone seemed, and had to join. I am going to have a busy week, joining the different County groups and asking questions. It looks like some of these land description are written in an alien language. I was born in Pott. Co. and currently live in McClain Co. near Riverwind.

In Garvin Co I inherited an Undivided 10 acre mineral interest (E/2 NE/4) of Sec 8, township (3) North, Range (4) West

and

an undivided 80 acre mineral interest in Sec 25 Township (4) Range (3)

and something in Sec 28, that I have no description for, but is leased.

My attny filed in each individual county to have all of the stuff in my mom's name switched to mine using a list, but not all of the stuff in her name was on the list. Anyway that is another question for another day.

My current question is about my Undivided 10 acre mineral interest (E/2) (NE/4) of Sec 8, township (3) North, Range (4) West. I show no record of it producing, or paying me (or my mother who died of cancer last year and inherited these mineral rights from her mother a decade earlier. Mom's taxes show no record of payment while she owned them. My attorney has filed the ownership name change in Garvin Co. and I was approached and contacted a lease for this 10 acres, but after they dug deeper past the names listed in their pooling order, they ended up giving me this response.... "After further research, I've found that your mineral interest has technically been held under a lease since the 1960's, due to this Sand Purdy Unit. That means that until this Sand Unit has completely finished production, you will always be held by this 1960's leasehold."

So my question is two fold:

1) I show no records of payment coming from the leased section, and none looking back through the last 5 years of my mothers taxes, and oil payments. If this section is leased, where has my share of the production royalties been going?

2) I wasn't born until 1969. I didn't lease these mineral rights to anyone in 1960. And I am sure they have some loophole clause, but it is my understanding that unless they are producing and paying me to lease the rights, they can't keep holding them. If there has been no production, and no royalties generated, how can this land remain locked under a lease?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to this, but I have a bunch of mineral interests, some leased, some not, some producing and paying, some not. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about each interest.

Michael,

It looks like Marahon is getting ready to drill Section 8 3N 4W. They pooled the section in October of 2017. I would be happy to explain how things to you. It might be better to give me a call. Friend request me and I will send you my number. Good luck and sorry to hear about your mothers passing.

Welcome Michael, I live in Garvin County and there are a few of these old units around. Unless there is an active well where your minerals are located then you would only receive a check on the production of the "unit", which is huge. I have interest in a different unit than yours and I may get a check once a year for $25. I would call Merit Energy Co. which owns the unit and check to see what name your interest is being held. You will need to have the change of ownership ready to send them. Here is their number: 1-972-628-1569. Unfortunately, your minerals are probably held on an old 1/8 lease so that is what your interest will be based on for the new Marathon well.

Michael,

The estate was probated. The decree has a residual statement for property discovered to be distributed the same way. It is near the bottom of the second page.

You can file a copy of the decree with a description and source documents as you find the other properties.

As Darla indicated, you will want to find the operators to ensure you are getting paid on any production.

A lease stays with the property when the owner of record changes. An oil and gas lease is more of a sale of the property retaining a commission of the sale of oil and gas proceeds. In the event it stops producing (and after the primary term) in payable quantities then it “returns” to the owner of record allowing you to lease again. In many cases this could be several generations before the lease “expries”

I suggest you start gathering records of the property and understand the status of each.

I’d also strongly suggest obtaining some services assisting in any additional leases you make.

Yell, if you run into issues. I don’t live too far from you. I could meet up with you somewhere and go over a few things.

Rick

Hi Michael and welcome. You will get lots of good info here but like any other internet source, it is best to verify.

If you want to get into the weeds of the Purdy unit, go to http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGUnitization.aspx and search in the "Legal Location". You may have to try a couple of surrounding sections before the correct unit comes up.

The OCC's database is not perfect. Once you find the correct unit, search the Cause No, (12450 in your case), instead of the legal and look for your ancestors. If you really want understand secondary units, figure out what the Tract Participation Percentage means.

You will have to find a copy of the Plan of Unitization. My quick search did not return a copy of the Plan on the OCC's web site, until I searched for PURDY HART SU NE. One of the documents contains the Plan Just one of the limitations on computer databases and GIGO.

Good Luck

Michael,

Welcome!

00Royalty%20Owners%20Guide%20to%20the%20OCC%2010-4-13.pdf

Owner guid to the OCC

http://jay.law.ou.edu/faculty/Hampton/Mineral%20Title%20Examination/Spring%202012/Legal%20Land%20Descriptions_BLM(2000).pdf

How to read those descriptions.

Does the link to Owner guid to the OCC still work?

It may not. They might be revising.

Here is my copy. It is from 2013. Basic information the same. Go on the OCC site and see if they have a new link. I think their new one is for 2015.

00Royalty%20Owners%20Guide%20to%20the%20OCC%2010-4-13.pdf

Thank you all, for the quick information. Darla, so Marathon had my mother listed on their pooling order notice, and I contacted them, and sent them a death certificate, the will, and final decree, etc... Now they have replaced her name with mine on the most recent pooling order info I received. Because I am listed on the pooling order several other companies swooped in and wanted to lease me, and one did, contract and all, with a nice fat lease bonus. (5 figure bonus and a 1/5 royalty for my 10 acres) But they ended up tearing up the contract when they learned it was already leased back in the 60s, and sent me the explanation I posted before.

Marathon has all my information, and has me listed as the owner of what was once my mother's, that is how I ended up named as an owner on their pooling order. Once Marathon starts producing, you say I will still receive my 1/8 royalty or whatever was agreed upon in the 60s, will that come from Merit, or Marathon?

Here is a link to the OCC publication: Basic Information for the Oklahoma Royalty Owner, the April 2017 edition.

http://www.occeweb.com/og/Basic%20Information%20417.pdf

1 Like