Garvin County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hi Tom,

Sounds like you need legal advice and a lot more information. Have you talked to a lawyer?

Thomas J Mattingly, I believe you have been force pooled. You will need to find out who the producer is. I have been force pooled and never contacted by anyone. You will have to find them. They won't find you.

Thomas, if it is an old lease before 1979 you can be held by production and not be receiving any royalties from it. Example: You have minerals in Sections 3 and 4 and they were all put on the same lease, but they only drilled in Section 4. Your minerals in Section 3 would still be held by the production in Section 4. You are welcome to post a legal description/name it is held in and we can try to help. You can also friend me and send it. I live in Garvin County.

Walck814--sounds like you are asking for legal advice. Best place to get that is in a law office, not on the internet. I bet Darla knows some good lawyers in Garvin County.

I will delete the post since it sounds as if is was inappropriate for this group. Thank you Frank Pfisch.

Walck814, not at all inappropriate. A illegitimate question, thats what this forum is for and Darla has helped a lot of people.

Walck814--maybe my response was too terse, and there is nothing wrong with asking a question. Hopefully the responses will help you differentiate between business advice and legal advice--that was my point. I suspect Darla will decline if you ask her for legal advice, unless she is a lawyer.

No question is dumb.

I am Just a landman and mineral owner that knows how to look up leases/production, etc. I give people information based on what is recorded at the county and corporation commission. If you don't have your information then an attorney will just turn around and hire someone like me to find the information (and charge you for it) and then give you their advice. I work with several local attorneys if you would rather call them first. The largest firm is Garvin, Agee and Carlton , their number is 405-238-1000. Another attorney that I do a lot of work for is Dan Sprouse 405-238-3361. If they call me to work I have to charge for it. I was just going to take a quick look at no charge because you were in my home county. Not give legal advice or run title. Just make sure that whatever attorney you use is familiar with oil and gas law. Not all are. I do not solicit work on the forum, however, several members have hired me to find problems in their title. I do like to help people with what I consider simple things for no charge when I can. Too many mineral owners are taken advantage of like I was when I first inherited some of my minerals.

Thank you everyone for your interest in helping me . It is good to know there are lots of good people out there , makes the heart happy.

This is the letter I received from the landman . This is for ( Section34-3N-3W )
Our title confirmation revealed that your interest is held by production (HBP). Most of today's leases/exhibits will have a depth clause that makes non-producing formations open to lease even if there's a producing well. This was not common practice back in 1945 therefore all formations are held by that old well that is still producing.
I hope this helps,
Cody M. Loepp
Okie Energy Group, LLC

Thomas, That section was part of the Panther Creek Hart Sand Unit. You can look up all of the unitization documents on the OCC-Unitization tab under Imaged Documents. Order 35580 Case # 9975. You can download the documents for your files. The unitization agreement has a map at the end and the assignment of the parts of s 34. Your description probably falls with in one of those "new" tract names. As long as that unit is economic, you are HBP. I didn't read all of the documents, but there are four of them on the OCC website. I think one is about termination.

The good news for you is that you are getting a horizontal well. It spuds in Sec 3 2N-3W and goes north into 34 and 27. Most likely, you will get paid on the well per the unit agreement. The well is called the Massive 1-34-27MXH and spud on 11/7/17. Casillas is drilling the well. Coincidentally, I just got a notice from them today about their emergency heard for approval. Love it when they start drilling before they get approved. I am in sec. 27 just to the north of you. There are a whole bunch of Mattinglys on the Respondents list for the new well. Are you all getting the notices? Have you been paid on this section? It has been active for decades with many wells since it is an active field. I can give you a list of the active wells as of Dec. 2016. Are you getting checks from Sheridan, Weatherley or Crawley Petroleum? If not, they may be holding funds for you.

Friend me with the blue icon next to my name if you need help.

1 Like

I just want to say that this forum is very helpful. I appreciate having a chance to learn more about this complicated mineral rights owner business by reading these exchanges.

Looks like five horizontals going in soon through sections 17 and 20, 3N 4W. One existing well to be refracked as well. Continental Resources. Got the paperwork yesterday.

The MCCAA 1-30-19H well in Sec30 2N 2W was spud on May 3, 1917. Rimrock Resource since has been seeking approval for increased density. I received the latest notice in November. The OCC website does not have a completion report (1002A) for this well. Can we assume they completed this well but are withholding filing the completion until their current order for increased density is approved? The Herrin 1-32-29H well in Sec 29 2N 2W started producing in August. Initial production was 600 bls per day plus some gas. I am hoping to get some division orders in next several months.

Don,

Usually the completion reports don't come out until about four months after completion, so I am guessing January until you might see it. Division Orders probably about February. The increased density hearing will have documentation on the current wells, so you will glean some information from that. I don't see the exhibits posted yet.

Thanks Martha. You are always a wealth of info. Merry Christmas and a very lucrative New Year for all.

Don, I checked with Rimrock last week on several of their wells in 2N 2W and they have not sent division orders out on any of them. They said they do not have their updated division order title opinions. I have a couple clients who are trying to get their RI amounts corrected with them before division orders come out.

Darla, thanks for the info. This is my first time to receive money from a producing well. How much time does Rimrock have to send out division orders? Do the mineral owners get money from the date the well started producing or some later time?

Question regarding horizontal drilling. For example, MCCAA 1-30-19H is designated as a horizontal well but I can't locate any info that it started as a traditional vertical well. If that is not necessary, how does the mineral owner who holds that particular site get paid?

If it is a horizontal well, it does start as a vertical well, but it is not listed that way. The mineral owner of the surface location site may not get paid if there are no perforations in the section. Often, a horizontal well will be started in a section to the north or south of the intended reservoir and then the turn to horizontal will be made partially in the SL section and then completed in the intended section. You cannot perforate within a certain number of feet of the section line. Only the mineral owners of sections with the actual perforations will get paid.