Garvin County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

As we went east on highway 29 after going south on highway 76 a couple of days ago we could see a rig up in 2n 4w in Stephens Co. off to our right but could tell what section it was on exactly. Didn’t have time to go west to check it out but guess someone is getting a new well.

I’m only showing 3 rigs currently in Stephens County.

Two in section 3-2n-4w (actually surface is in Garvin 34 3N-4w) 3R wells, and 1 in 6-1S-4W Betts M1-31-6XH

There are a couple of Patterson Rigs on 19-3N-4W drilling some additional Lyle wells (sections 19-30). That would be in the general area you described, just east of the Stephens-Garvin Co line.

Hi everyone, I’m new to the sight, been reading the posts here off and on for some time and didn’t want to get ahead of myself before posting. Now that the final decreed is done Nunc Pro Tunc, I’m trying to learn more about the mineral rights that I own. Below are the descriptions, don’t know how many acres there is in each description or which ones are pooled or leased. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. I live out of state, and I just don’t have the time to do the research at the court house like I’d like to. All of these were Layton Gardner owned, my mother was Joyce Layton Welch. Section 36, T3N R3W of IBM S 1/2 NE 1/4 SE 1/4 and the SE 1/4 NW 1/4 SE 1/4 Section 36, T3N R3W of IBM N 1/2 NE 1/4 SE 1/4 and the NE 1/4 NW 1/4 SE 1/4 Section 31, T3N R2W of IBM Lot 4 and the W1/2 SE1/4 SW1/4 Section 32, T3N R1E of IBM NW1/4 SW1/4 Section 10, T2N R3W of IBM N1/2 NW1/4 and the N1/2 N1/2 NW1/4 and the W1/2 SW1/4 NW1/4 NW1/4 and the W1/2 NW1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 Section 3, T2N R3W of IBM S1/2 SW1/4 and the W1/2 SE1/4 SE1/4 and the S1/2 N1/2 SE1/4 and the NE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 Floyd 1H 3X sec 3 sec 10 of 2N 3W, we have a 6 acre interest in this one, Newfield Exploration holds the lease.

I will look pretty soon Don. It is not around section 14 as that’s the wrong side of highway 76. I believe they have all the new Boles wells drilled don’t they? Husband now is saying he didn’t even know for sure that it was a rig he saw but at the time he said he thought it was. This would be after you turn west on 29 off of 76 and then I believe on the north side of the highway 29. Like you said I just need to go down there and eyeball it before I get people excited. If it had been close to 34 you can bet your booties I would have gone over and looked before now.

Looks like we can’t count on the well to be drilled anytime in the near future on section 29 4n 3w in Garvin as hubby went over and check on how the location was coming along…nothing had changed. The dirt work was barely started and the dirt moving equipment was sitting in the same place it was weeks ago. My father in law said they were suppose to pay him for the location but we hear they paid his X wife instead so that might be part of the hold up as the Indian agent said they were going to get their attorneys on the case as he is half Indian. He said the land is his until he dies and then it goes to his sons. In any case it is not suppose to be hers. Such wish they would get to work on the well. We got the spacing papers some months ago now but nothing else since. ho hum…

Request to Rick or anyone else for information about lease activity in/adjacent to Maysville:

We have mineral rights in the far NE corner of the town of Maysville; first block of town off Highway 74 & North Street, very near the high school.

Section 16

Township 4N

Range 2W

Could anyone tell us what the closest producing well is to this area?

Anyone with mineral interests near or adjacent to this area?

Thanks!

Hi Linda: You are right. I think all of the Kelly wells in section 14 are drilled as are the Boles. My map showed a bump in hiway 29 going east of the hiway 29&76 intersection which mistakenly showed the Kelly wells south of hiway 29. All of the wells I cited are East of hiway 76 and the Kelly wells are North of hiway 29 and the Boles & Clarence are South of hiway 29.

If your husband possibly saw a rig West of the intersection of hiways 29 and 76 and North of hiway 29 that would put it around section 15 of 2N-4W in Stephens County or two or three miles North of our section 34. Or maybe he saw the phantom rig that has been drilling our section.

Thanks for giving we out-of-state owners direct information about what is going on around our minerals. Don Fry

Thank you Rick! This is very helpful information.

Marilynn,

There are wells currently producing in 16-4N-2W.

You can search on them here:
https://www4.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/gp_PublicSearchPUNbyL…

use search by legal and you will need 2 digit numbers such as 16 04N 02W.

There are 15 or so producing in surrounding sections which are laid out like this:

08 09 10

17 16 15

20 21 22

I believe all of the wells are over 5 years old.

Don…I am thinking if that was really a drilling rig it was north and west of section 15. Thinking it was probably north of section 17 or so but Rick is saying there are no rigs in this area so I’m sure he would know. Hubby must have been seeing something besides a rig or it could I suppose be a work over rig and not a drilling rig. I thought I’d be out and about the diggins before now but today we are getting some much needed rain and a few thunderstorms so probably won’t be out. Besides my grandson has come in from college to see us so no touring for me today.

Marilynn…normally we would have been over the Maysville way headed to Purcell or Pauls Valley but not lately. Will also try to check on that sometime soon.

So Rick would that be on section 10 2n4w?

Ninety mile an hour winds in Chickasha, Ok. did a lot of damage the news is saying…mainly south and east of town. Also had floods there in town.

Surface location is on Section 10. But producing only from sections 3 and 34.

Section 10 owners won’t be too excited about it.

Linda,

The data I’m looking at is usually pretty accurate. It may lag a day of two after the rig is on site. The same ones were showing when I pulled the data.

The two 3R wells I referenced would be a mile north of section 15. What I posted was the lateral sections the wells are drilling North from the North edge of 15.

Suppose what he saw could be on the NW corner of 15 2n4w.

A well on section 10 2n4w would be on some friends of ours. I’m sure they will be excited if that’s the case.

Linda, I am real interested in that large location that you referenced as being a mile west on Garvin County Paint Rd. Less than a mile is section 27 and more than a mile is section 28 where my mineral rights are.

Sheridan production has filed for a 1,280 acre drilling and spacing unit for 21 and 28 in the Sycamore.

I believe the two rigs together are in Section 21 3N,4W. Dicksion wells from looking at the Baker Hughs interactive rig count.

Yes Lynden...I knew yours was in Sec. 28 which is the section we live in but the location is on the very SW corner of section 27 4n 4w if the sections run true with the roads. I'm not sure this road we live on is a section line road or not. On Garvin Co. paint road if the section line road going north and south is at the top of the hill before you get to our road then I guess the new location could be in section 28 instead of 27. Those friend of ours have some of the wells that are being drilled from section 21 3n4w which is of course south and west of us a few miles.

Light plants still running nights on the well on Section 27 4n 4w up by highway 76 just south of the new REC complex. Guess they are still getting it ready to frack if they are not already fracking it.

We can still see a rig off in the distance SW of our house. Thinking that could be some in 3n 4w but could possibly be in 4n 4w or maybe even 3n 5w. Haven't driven over in that area lately.

Thanks Linda, after looking at Google maps I would say that 3020 road is the section line between 27 and 28. Thanks again.

The well to the southwest should be on the north edge of 32 drilling into 29. They may be drilling the second of three proposed for 29. One is a multi section to whatever is north of 29.

Hey yall

I was offered a lease from Oaky Energy, Signed notarized, and sent. They came back with a letter stating they can not go through with it because the well in question is be Held By Production ( HBP ). I have not seen Royalties from this, and do not recall agreeing to a lease to this. Can someone tell me what my options are ?