Garvin County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Gary, please include the township with the sections. Thanks in advance.

Has there been recent activity in or around Section 20, Township 1 North, Range 1 West? Recently lease with Eagle Land Services. Thanks.

Hello. Iā€™ve leased mineral rights in Sec 18,3N, 4W. Iā€™ve seen an ā€œintent to drillā€ notice in Tulsa World. Since I live 300 miles away, how do I keep up to date on progress.

1 Like

The well is done. I am waiting on test results to see what they got. I donā€™t know how long it will be. Maybe two weeks maybe more. Waiting on fracking crew.

Thank you for the timely information. Would you mind posting any additional significant information you learn?

In 29-3n-4w Continental was ordered to pay 1,800 for 1/8th,1600 for 3/16th or no cash and 1/4. CD# 201106490. they are pooling again for some reason CD# 201201349.

My current lease is about to expire in about two months. I just have a gut feeling that I am being taken advantage of in a big way and do not want to sign up with the company I am currently involved with again.

My lease description is as follows:

W/2 SE/4 Section 9, Township 1 North, Range 2 West

Do any of you know anything about this particular area?

Thanks,

Mizerman

Welcome Mizerman!

Section 9 does not pinpoint it close enough to give you good info. I think there are over 20 ā€œsection 9s in Garvin Co. I did a couple of searches based your posts in another thread saying the lease expires in a few months and it is toward the south. It looks like S9 1N 2W with leases from Triad Energy in May and June 2009.

As far a recent activity, nothing in Section 9-1N-2W. MACKELLER Inc leased some in section 9 in the fall of 2011.

In the direct section surrounding you there has been some permits in sections 4, 8, and 17 that touch yours. By Triad and Cimarex. Cimerex also completed on in June of 2011 in section 5.

There have been other completions and permits in the township (6 mile x 6 mile) 1N 2W.

From what I can tell activity has been stronger along the 3W and 4W areas. There seems to be quite a bit of activity in areas of Stephens and Carter counties that border Garvin.

We have interest in the Township West of yours (1N 3W)

Hopefully others will chime in with more info and experience than I have.

Thank you Rick for sharing what you know. This website is great. In the last 24 hours I have learned more from people here than with talking to the oil company itself, their attorney, the land man, etcā€¦

So, do you think I should contact Cimarex (sp) and MACKELLER?

Not sure what to do. I saw back on a previous post by an attorney named Matt that he answered some questions. I e-mailed him. I need some advice on what to do and what not to do.

Thanks again,

Mizerman

Opps. I drafted my response based on your section 9 post earlier. I see you made changes while I was looking up some info and drafting my response. LOL. I got the area right anyhow.

Mizerman the rig count does not show locations, you might check the comment board on this forum and the Stephens county forum you might get locations, i will watch the intent to drill list on the OCC website a little closer for Garvin county since the activity is picking up here like in Grady county and Stephens, Township map site in very useful for maps of the areas in the counties.

The Chespeake well is the Balcerak 30-1-3 1H 30-1N-3W spudded on 3-18-2012

Contact one of the Abstract Companies in Garvin County. They will sell you a Plat map for the whole county for about 30 dollars.

Mizerman If you go to that web site I gave you go to technical resources then Geographical info. then country base maps

According to the USA rig count for this week there are 5 rigs drillling in Garvin county 1 Merit, 1Rankin, 1Marathon and 2 Newfield.

Mizerman Go to www.ok.nrcs.usda.gov They have a map you can print.

Township maps

http://www.okgenweb.org/okprojects/maps-dot.html

Richard,

Is there any way for me to find out exactly where those rigs are located in Garvin county?

Heck, Iā€™d like to be able to buy a map of the county and just be able to see exactly where my mineral rights are in relation to where these five rigs are.

Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks,

Mizerman

I just want to thank Richard and Ron for providing me with some great info. Iā€™ve got some searching to do.

I just received payment for allowing 3D seismic on my land in Sec 28 4N 4W

Work is being done by Dawson for Newfield.