Figure our Division Order

We FINALLY received our DO for the Sierra Well on Sections 29 and 32 4n 3w in Garvin Co. Our DO says we own .00132293 acre. I’m pretty sure our section 29 is supposed to receive a fraction over 44% of the well. I’m pretty sure it is HBP at 1/8th. Will someone figure for me the amount of acreage it is saying we own? Appreciate the help. I sent a letter several months ago to Casillas telling we want the interest to be paid on the money since it’s overdue by several months (maybe a year or more). Maybe they will pay us soon. Hope everyone is staying safe

LINDA- is the decimal you stated, the decimal from the DO or the amount of acres you think you own?

Normally the Division Order does not show your net mineral acres, although many years ago some did. The number you have looks like a net revenue interest. It is calculated by a formula: royalty x net acres / unit gross acres x multiunit percentage.

So the formula in your case would be: 1/8 x (your net acres) /640 x 44%.

Todd…It is the decimal from the DO. I have no idea how much we own there.

Todd…our DO says our section gets 44.4506%

Frank…the DO gives me that decimal and it also gives me a sample of how to figure it but I do not know how many acres we have in order to do the formula. I was just wanting someone to figure out how much Casillas is saying we have. Never was very good with math so appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

Linda:

That represents 15.23804 net acres, m/l, if leased on 1/8th. Come on girl. You can’t remember your junior high algebra? LOL. Formula (0.00132293 X 640.00 divided by 0.1250 divided by 0.444506)

lol Todd…I made A’s and B’s in high school except for Algebra I class and we had me and one other girl and the rest of the class was football boys. Us 2 girls were sit in the back and one guy was a class clown…kept us entertained and I didn’t do well in that one. After that year I went into bookkeeping and no more Algebra or higher math for me. Wish I had paid attention to the teacher but sadly I didn’t. My husband didn’t want me to work when the kids were little and I didn’t want to so we got along really well. He made us a good living so I really didn’t miss my algebra until now. Thankfully I have you guys on here to help me figure this royalty interest! Appreciate it and I’m tickled to have that many acres as I thought it probably was only about 2 or 3 acres. Thanks Again!

I just read the post about the DO being sent out in Sec 29 & 32. My son has not received his. I have contacted Casillas and I hoping they respond today. Can anyone give me the name of a trusted landman who services Garvin County? I have a few lease agreements that need ran forward. I do use the OK Records site but it seems like some important documents have not been filed. Thanks for any help. Linda I am so glad you finally received your DO, its been a long time coming

CONNIE- You will likely get better results with a letter.

Thank you Todd. I am going to get one ready to go now. I did see an article earlier this morning that Casillas is suing Continental for pulling the plug on an agreed buy out. I am sure they are very busy with that whole mess.

Yes, we did receive our DO on the Sierra well FINALLY but have not received the first check yet. Hopefully it is in the mail. I had written them a letter earlier stating because of the delay we would also be expecting the interest owed us. I sent it registered letter to their two different locations and got the signed card back that they received it but got not response back for that. I don’t know when Casillas sends out their checks but I figured it was the last week in the month like so many others. Anyone know?

Got mine in the mail today

We did receive paperwork on Saturday but not from Casillas. It came from FDL Operating. They are taking over for Sheridan. Did anyone else receive a letter from FDL?

Connie,

My name is Melinda.

We have received paperwork from FDL Operating on several wells they are taking over for Sheridan.

Hi Melinda,

They really have not provided enough information. Should they have the lease book and page numbers associated with the wells?

Hey There,

The Oil/Gas Companies will never provide you that data unless you are trying to settle a title dispute.

If you want to find the lease and it’s newer than about 1982, you can go to online sites that have that data stored for various county courthouses. If it’s older than about 1982, you will have to go to the courthouse to find it. You may be able to call the courthouse and hire them to find it, copy it and mail it to you.

From the oil/gas company perspective, it is the mineral owner’s responsibility to manage their own lease and keep up with it from generation to generation and this is one of our challenges as mineral owners.

We have deeds, leases, etc. from my great-grandfather, grandparents, parents, about 16 trusts and one partnership. It’s only taken 9 years to get it a bit organized and we still don’t have it all.

Take care.

Mel

Thank You Mel. I will call the courthouse and ask and I guess if they cannot do it, maybe will they will have the name of a title company I could use. In OH they list the lessee, the lessor, the date, the book and page number and the county along with the acreage. It’s so nice but I guess each state is different.

It is much easier to use www.okcountyrecords.com as a first pass. It is free to look and only costs a few dollars to print if you find what you are looking for. Many courthouses are short staffed right now or not even open until the COVID-19 rules relax. Leases since about 1991 are online. Older ones will need a trip to the courthouse. What documents are you looking for? Check strange spellings of names as well. Lots of typos out there.

If Sheridan had the wells, then you can ask for a copy of the lease from them. They have sold to FDL Operating, but the transaction just happened. FDL may end up having the lease documents.

What section, township and range are you wanting to know about? There are many sections 29 & 32.

Hi M Barnes,

NW/4 Sec 28 4/N 3/W Sec 29 4/N 3/W NE/4 Sec 32 4/N 3/W

The names associated with the wells are: Simpson, Bray, Ellithorpe, Shoemake, Work. I have one and that’s the Shoemake lease between Hix and his wife and son and daughter-in-law. I just received an email from Casillas and I do not think the royalty calculation is correct. I am glad they got back with me so quick. I did find the Shoemak lease on OK records and was able to print it.