Figure our Division Order

From the OTC site which is about four months behind on reporting.

Ellithorpe 1-29- last production Jun 2017 Camino 40 ac spacing

Work Unit-B1 -still active Feb 2018 Rimrock NE4 160 ac?

Simpson 1-29 -last production May 2019 Sheridan SH 320 ac

Smith B 1-29- last production Jan 2019 Sheridan NW4 no production in 12 mo

Hix Shoemake 1- last production Jan 2020 Hinkle WH NE4 80 ac

Shoemake 1- last production no production in 12 mo Rimrock 160?

Shoemaker 2-29- Last production Jan 2020 Rimrock NE4 160?

Bray 2-29 - Last production Jan 2020 (Camino) 640 ac

Bray 3-29- Last production Jan 2020 (Camino) 640 ac

Sierra 1-32-29WXH Comp 11/11/18 Casillas Operating 1280 spacing! This is not a 640, so you need to use the formula: net acres/spacing acres x royalty to get your decimal.

For example. 10 acres at 3/16ths would be: 10/1280 x .1875= 0.00146484.

Perfect. This is going to be very helpful. The Hix Shoemake well is interesting to me. I am assuming Hinkle is the operator. We have not heard of them or from them. Thank you so much!

Todd…M. Barnes said the Sierra well was 1280 acre spacing instead of 640 so won’t that make a difference in figuring out how many acres they are paying me for?

I have an email into Casillas. I need them to explain a few more things before I have my Son sign the DO. I will post the info.

connieg…how old is your son? I’m thinking he is still under 18 so I believe you will be responsible for signing the paper’s for him. I’m sure you know that…just didn’t want you to have a delay on payment because of technically.

Since the Shoemake and Work wells are old vertical wells I don’t believe you will find any of them online in the county records. You will have to check at the courthouse for Garvin in Pauls Valley, Ok. Like M.Barnes said they are probably closed right now due to the Virus.

M. Barnes is not correct. There are two- 640 acre spaced units to make a multi-section production unit. The section that your minerals are in, represent 0.444506 of the entire production unit. With the information you gave me, I believe the formula used to come up with your net mineral acres to be correct.

Yes the Courthouse is closed but the clerk gave me the name of a landman. I called and left a message. My Son is 23 now and has two little Shoemake’s of his own. They grow up fast! Thank you to everyone for the information, the more we know the better :smiley:

Ok Thanks for the information Todd.

I thought since we sent the DO paper right back to them we might get our check about now but not yet. Has anyone else?

I looked up the well on the OTC site and they had 1280 acres. So they could be wrong. The completion report does have 640 acres. And a note that “Faulting within the zone of interest resulted in a shorter lateral than permitted.” so the splits from the final hearing would be different than a 50/50 split as planned. 29 is probably shorted due to the decrease in length.
The equation is net acres/spacing acres x royalty x % perforations in your section. Order says 32 has 55.5494% and 29 has 44.4506%, so use the 0.444506 as the last term of the equation. See if that gets the same decimal as the DIvision Order. Sorry for earlier confusion.

Good Morning Everyone,

I received an email with the Sierra 1-32-29 interest broken down. Looks like there are 5 different tracts, all containing a small amount of acreage. This breakdown is for Sec 29 only with the allocation of 44.4506%. I have not seen a break down for Sec 32 . I assume it will be different due to the amount of acreage and tracts located in that section. Has anyone seen the break down for Sec 32?

The total has to be 100% so you should be able to do the math.

See the note above from me which has the splits for both sections. They add up to 100%. If you only own in 29, then you will only (usually) get the letter for that section and not the other.

Thank you M Barnes. That is the kind of answer I was looking for. I could not figure out why a DO did not come for Sec 32. It’s because they do not realize he owns minerals in 32 also. I thank Casillas for the breakdown. It explains in detail all the interest along with acres, tracts and royalty rate in 29.

If you own minerals in 32, then contact Casillas and ask for the Division Order department and see when that set will come out. It could be a mail delay or a title division order delay. They had to get the splits first before they could send out the DO.

connieg…I may be wrong but I believe since we own 1/2 of the minerals that my husband’s mother had and Tye owned 1/2 of what his dad would have had that your son might own the same amount of acreage that we own (which Todd figured for me above). Is that the same percentage amount they sent to you? Good luck with calling the landman for Casillas. I called and left him a message months ago and he never called me back.

connieg….We do not own any in section 32. We only own in section 29. So if your son owns any in 32 he would have gotten it from someone other that Hix Shoemake I believe. Is the percentage (decimal) they sent you in the DO the same as I quoted as ours in my post on here? I talked to the man at Casillas yesterday and asked when we could expect a check. He said although we got our DO right back in to them since the Virus has caused them to work from home he didn’t think we would get our check sent out until the last of May which we would probably receive around the first week in June. Also he said they don’t have direct deposit available at this time. He also said they do not have the information available on their website like some of the larger companies do so that we can tell how much our checks are going to be. M. Barnes told us in a recent post on here what the percentage was allotted for each section. Section 29 didn’t receive as quite as much as section 32. Hope this helps.

Thank you M Barnes and Linda. Casillas sent me two different royalty rates on the acreage. 0.1875 and 0.1250. The acreage does not add up to what Todd figured. It’s much less. I am not sure how they figure this stuff. Their are 3 heirs involved with the half. I can tell you the total decimal for the 5 different tracts by 44.4506% by 2 equals your rate that you posted in your post on 4/13/20 ,… .00132293. I feel like something is wrong. I am going to reach out to them on Monday. I have had better luck with Cassilas. They have been great at responding to my emails. I am having problems with FDL Operating, they will not call me or respond to my emails.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.