EQT Leasing

I was wondering if anyone out there knew if EQT ever offered a lease without royalty deductions. Or, more importantly, if not, are they taking out these deductions from the royalties. If you don't want to post this information here, would someone be willing to email me privately about this.

I was told EQT does not do "net leases, period" when I was presented with a lease and asked for "net" of the deductions..

I am not sure what a net lease is. EQT has said they will not negotiate with us about bonus or royalties to amend the lease. We take it as is or they will go to court to try and sell our rights

Sharon, slow down and try to state things as complete thoughts. The more information that you can give, the better informations and advise you will receive.

If I understand correctly, you already have a lease? And EQT wants an amendment and has threatened you with a partition suit to force you to sell if you do not agree? You may need to consult a lawyer. I would check posts here on MRF by Kyle Nuttall a WV lawyer that may be of some value to you.

Sharon Stinson said:

I am not sure what a net lease is. EQT has said they will not negotiate with us about bonus or royalties to amend the lease. We take it as is or they will go to court to try and sell our rights

Thanks, I am just learning how these forums work.

r w kennedy said:

Sharon, slow down and try to state things as complete thoughts. The more information that you can give, the better informations and advise you will receive.

If I understand correctly, you already have a lease? And EQT wants an amendment and has threatened you with a partition suit to force you to sell if you do not agree? You may need to consult a lawyer. I would check posts here on MRF by Kyle Nuttall a WV lawyer that may be of some value to you.

Sharon Stinson said:

Has anyone gotten the company in question to amend their demand for Post Production Expenses on their intital Lease.???