Ellis County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Does anyone know about activity in the following area:

Section 34

Township 19

North Range 23W

Northwest corner??

Thanks in advance.

when I received this months roality check I see that the information for one of the four wells Is missing.does that mean that the well was shut down?

Apache pooled 9.16N.24W, to drill the Tonkawa. Apache pays for a well drilled in this section based on the 2.5 acres I own. Under the pooling they say I only own .32625 of an acre due to the movement of the river. How can I reconcile this.

I have four natural gas wells for which I receive a monthly royality check.this month one of the wells was missing on the statement.does that mean the the well was shut down?could it just be maitainance,ect?

Thomas

EOG and Chesapeake leased a bunch in 2010 and 2011, but nothing much happened since then. Most of the activity is in 10 and 22 to the north. No drilling in 34

George, yes it can be for maintenance or just an accounting error and they will catch up next time. Flag it for your attention and see what happens next month. Then you can call or email the company.

Rebecca, the river can move in your favor or not in your favor.

If you want to see what it looks like go to

gis.deq.ok.gov/flexviewer/

Zoom in before turning on the Section Township Range and then find your section. If you use the slider bar at and go to Aerial, you can see how much the river has changed over the years.

My name is Troy Curtis, a landman, with Concho Land Company in Freedom, OK as well as Oklahoma City. I thought while times are slower, I would offer to help with any questions people may have in general and post my email, conchojobs@gmail.com for any and all questions. I also wanted to offer our services for individuals in need of mineral research or help with production related concerns in all Oklahoma Counties and the surrounding states.

I just got a class action settlement notice for gas and its constituents against Chesapeake Oil Co. today. It covers royalties between 2004-2014. Ron, or anyone else, can you comment on this? Do you have any info you could share with any Chesapeake royalty owners? Thanks.

Hi Everyone. Is the Severance/Production Tax refundable on Oklahoma State Income Tax for non-residents? I know the Withholding is. Just asking for due diligence reasons. Last year my husband inherited royalty payments in Ellis County. Not much money, so I am trying to do the Oklahoma Taxes myself. Severance/Production taxes were $87 and the Withholding was $62. So you can see it wasn’t worth hiring a tax lawyer, haha. After reading everything I can find, and thinking about it for a few weeks, I think the $62 is refundable. I wish the Severance/Production tax was also, but I don’t even find a hint that it’s refundable. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply. Appreciate it.

No it is not.

Ellis: Crawley Petroleum Corp.; Berryman No. 3-11H Well; N1/2 N1/2 NW1/4 NW1/4 (SL) of 11-16N-23W; 514 barrels oil per day, 1,246,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 12,830.

L. Raffertu - You may want to look at Schedule E and the instructions for lines 5-18 that say:

Enter your rental and royalty expenses for each property in the appropriate column. You can deduct all ordinary and necessary expenses, such as taxes, interest, repairs, insurance, management fees, agents’ commissions, and depreciation.

These deductions (15% depletion, production taxes, etc.) are done on the Federal Tax Return and the NET amount transferred to the State Return. Oklahoma gives an additional percentage (7% I think) for depletion. I am not a tax expert but do my own taxes using TurboTax and that’s how the software does it. Hope this helps.

Thank you, Rich and Ron. I’m figuring it out. Appreciate your input. I use Turbo Tax also for Oklahoma and Federal. Thank goodness for Turbo Tax. I know it’s not perfect but it’s good for what I need. Have a great week!

Don’t see anything off the bat…

Is there any activity or interest in NE1/4 5-19-21?

Could someone suggest someone would could give fair market value, and or purchase a piece of mineral property in Ellis County. There is no well on this property. Thank you. Roy Wright

Any production information on the following? Jones Energy Dodgers Well API 3504522696?

Section-Township-Range needed for the Dodgers well

I have a working interest in 20N 23W, Section 29. It’s a POS, if you’ll pardon my English, and will soon be plugged.