Ellis County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Ellis County, OK. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Is anyone leasing in Ellis County?

Hi Kent – I’ve never done this before, so not sure if this will work…but are you leasing out mineral rights in Ellis County?

We just got through leasing. Looks like things are heating up there!

There’s an interesting article in the March/April 2012 in the Oklahoma City Geological Society magazine on drilling activity in Ok. Two in particular were in the Clevland Sandstone were in Harper and Roger Mills county but make reference to Ellis county.

My sister and I are leased by Chaparral in Ellis Co at Lorene 2H-1, Section 1-20N-S6W. They have almost completed a well, and we were told another will be started in the next 6-12 months. Is there a place I can check to see what future plans Chaparral has for plays in that area? Thanks, Shelly

I own mineral acreage in Ellis County, currently leased by Chesapeake.

I’m looking into selling - and would like to get some feedback about whether I should do it now or wait?

Thank you…

AJ, where is your acreage in Ellis county? How many acres do you have?

Ellis: Plano Petroleum LLC; Francis No. 1H-21 Well; S1/2 SW1/4 SW1/4 SW1/4 (SL) of 21-17N-24W; 584 barrels oil per day, 1,124,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 13,838.

Ellis: Chesapeake Operating Inc., Larry Imke 9-19-25 No. 1H Well, N/2 N/2 NW/4 NW/4 (SL) of 09-19N-25W, 302 BOPD, 1,934 MCFPD, TD 13,457 feet.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=501&a…

Jones Energy Ltd.; Broncos No. 3H-35 Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 26-20N-23W; 229 barrels oil per day, 298,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 13,257

Ellis: Crawley Petroleum Corp.; Berryman No. 2-11H Well; NW1/4 NE1/4 NE1/4 NE1/4 (SL) of 11-16N-23W; 355 barrels oil per day, 244,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 12,689

Ellis: Plano Petroleum LLC; Laverna No. 1H-19 Well; NW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 19-17N-24W; 746 barrels oil per day, 2,950,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 13,529.

Roger Mills: Plano Petroleum LLC; Charlotte No. 1H-13 Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 13-17N-25W; 1,031 barrels oil per day, 5,093,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 14,000.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/0302CF72.pdf

pooling lease bonus

Ellis: Chaparral Energy LLC, Lorene No. 4H-1 Well, C N/2 NW/4 NE/4 (BHL) of 01-20N-26W, TD 13,700 feet.

Ron, saw this on your last link. I think this is a new well for my sis and I. We have Lorene #1-1 section 1-20N-26W ; Lorene #2H-1 Section 12 20N-26W Lorene #3H-1 Section 12 20N 26W

Could you tell me all the wells we have royalties coming in for? I think we have stake in Herber and Ann wells, but am not sure. Would those possibly be pooled resources we get. I have seen these names somewhere on our paperwork. Thanks so much.

Lorene 2H-1 1st. production 1/24/12 349 BOD & 1005 MCF gas

"     3" " "   "           "          7/6/12    412   "     "    0      "       "

They only have permits for 4 & 5 but it looks like you will have a good new year . The drilling is heavy around you. Where are the Herber and Ann wells located

Hello:

My wife and I were recently contacted by Panther Energy Co. and were notified that she had inherited the mineral rights to a property in Ellis County, Oklahoma. After some proof of identity stuff we received a check for a little over $11,000 - pretty nice! Then a couple of weeks later we received a letter from some other company and a check in the mail allowing us to cash the check for $2,500 and sell our rights to them. We didn’t do that but I joined this forum because we don’t know the first thing about this stuff. We don’t really understand what we own and what it might be worth so I hope I am talking to some people who own about the same thing that we do and can explain it to us.

Out well was drilled by Panther Energy Co. and is located in Section 6 of Township 19N-22W, almost in the populated area of Harmon, OK.The well was completed on April 10, 2008. Would someone be willing to take the time to tell me what I own and about what it’s worth. It looks like it’s going to pay us about $200 per month in royalties.

I will be happy to tell you any other information you need and I would appreciate a quick education by one or more of you. Thank you very much.

Wallace & Shari Hammond

Hey, Ron, thanks so much for responding to us. I don’t know what BOD means but how did youhappen to know that? Got the $11,000 early in December. We inherited the mineral rights from my wife’s grandmother, Ella Martin (married name - husband was Robert (Bob ) - we don’t know her maiden name. We believe the land came into the family during the land rush. we are still trying to trace the original owners of the land. I don’t know how many acres we have but I do know we don’t own the land just the minerals. Yes, Panther tracked us down and then paid up. was like money from heaven. Thanks again,

Wallace

The well tested 708 BOD . When did you get the $11,000 check. How Many acres do you have. Who did you Inherit it from (last name ) . Did Panther contact you after the well was drilled.