Eddy County, NM - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Good Morning

Has anyone worked with Mewbourne Oil in Eddy County? If yes, what was your experience with them?

Thank you

Work with them in Eddy in Township 23S, good operator and friendly people in my opinion.

I agree with you Bart. In my opinion one of the best oil companies/producers to do business with. They have a good reputation.

Clint Liles

chad, how did this turn out??? ASSUMING YOU SOLD SOME, WERE YOU PLEASED WITH THE OFFERS? JUST WONDERING -- TRYING TO GET A HAND ON HOW THESE BUYERS WORK---- .

Bart and Clint thank you.

Clint its been a few years, hope all is well with you and your brother.

Does anyone know what the going rate is to sell mineral rights in section 10-23S-28E? Don't normally sell, but may be entertaining an offer.

Regarding the rate for selling in 10-23S-28E, to get you a rate i would need some specifics as to your ownership. You can contact me privately. I represent clients that would like the opportunity to exceed any offers for purchase. Our area of interest covers many sections in Eddy and Lea. Thanks for your time. Brian

1 Like

I too am looking at the going rate to sell mineral rights in section 28-23S-27E. The offer I received is much higher that the offer made by the oil company. I inherited these rights and otherwise know very little about the business so any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if there are any active operators in Section 30-T18S, R26E: near the E/2SE/4 and the SW/4SE/4? I have mineral rights where the lease expired and they don't want to exercise the option to renew. I'd like to lease to a company who wants to drill.

Thank you-

Looking to get some idea the right price on 240 acres of mineral rights in T21S-25E
Section 8: SESE
Section 9: S2NW, N2SW, SWSW, plus some others in Eddy county as well.

I'm just going to throw this out, and I don't want to violate any rules or rub anyone the wrong way. But, if you have an offer to buy, you have nothing to lose by sending me the offer and giving me a chance to beat it. Again, I don't want to be "one of those people" who jump in a conversation to promote buying minerals! There are so many experienced folks on here that can offer advice, you don't need to seek a second opinion with their advice, but in the case you do want to run it by me (any county, any state), I can at least give it a shot. Thanks again for your time, I appreciate it.

I have 5 acres about 10 miles east north east outside of Malaga and it is being leased now but I have received an offer to buy my mineral rights. Does anyone here know the going rate? Thanks

Capt Mike

boholblue@gmail.com

Has anyone heard of the group Percussion Petroleum, or have had any dealings with them? We were approached by them about them leasing from us and I am not familiar with their outfit. Thanks

Article discussing economics behind surge of activity in SE New Mexico.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Is-This-The-New-Sweet-Spot-For-Shale.html

Chisholm Energy Holdings Expands Acreage Position in the New Mexico Delaware Basin

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chisholm-energy-holdings-expands-acreage-position-in-the-new-mexico-delaware-basin-300568207.html

Chisholm Energy expands acreage position in New Mexico's Delaware basin:

http://www.worldoil.com/news/2017/12/7/chisholm-energy-expands-acreage-position-in-new-mexicos-delaware-basin

OXY transloading facility opens in Carlsbad, marks regional expansion

http://www.currentargus.com/story/news/local/2018/02/22/oxy-transloading-frac-sand-facility-opens-carlsbad-regional-expansion/364306002/

Any idea what lease bonus rates are in Eddy? I'm trying to understand where an offer stacks up. Am near a Marathon block and some new Marathon wells. Thanks.

Does anyone know rates for leasehold acreage in Eddy County, where a company buys your working interest while you retain your minerals and a percentage of the royalty?

Is there a website that I can use to look up federal oil and gas leases in New Mexico? Thank you for any help.