Eddy County, NM - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

In 2006, attorney Wallace Cegavske of Albuquerque helped probate my father's estate in NM (consisting only of Eddy County mineral rights, we live in Oregon) and set up a trust for all the heirs. He was very efficient and reasonable. I recommend him.

I think you'll need a Quiet Title action. I've worked with atty Matthew Bristol in Roswell on these and been satisfied. He's at 575-625-5284.

Ms. Conlin, I am not sure what the issue is with the title to you mineral rights. Were you able to resolve it? You may not need a quite title action. Many title issues can be solved without going to that length. I have used Martin, Dugan & Martin in the past for several different oil and gas related issues, and never had any trouble. They have always been very thorough and made sure that all issues were resolved. I have been very happy with them.

Thank you to all who responded to my post. I had hoped to give you an answer to my problem. The law firm of Martin, Dugan & Martin have now become very active in trying to solve my problem. Evidently several firms have filed a Quiet Title on my mineral rights even tho I have a deed filed at the county courthouse.

What a can of worms. If a Quiet title action was the solution I am unhappy that my law firm did not take this action.

Again thank you all.

Charlene Conlin

Thanks for the update, charlene. So it looks complicated and I can see what Martin, Dugan is wading through and why it's taking so long. Never been in a situation quite like yours, as in: several parties filing Quiet Title on one of my interests. Just keep us up to date if you please on how this turns out.

I once had a group of lawyers in San Antonio, under the name Retamco, filed a claim on minerals I own in Montana under the Abandoned Minerals Act. I was fully updated at the courthouse, my address hasn't changed in 40 years, etc. I was incensed, to put it mildly. They didn't even try to contact me, but were hoping to do an end around and gain some minerals, I assume.

In the end, with a good attorney, I ended up with a very good settlement out of it. But not the traditional settlement, they agreed to lease the minerals at a good price and that was that. Good luck and stay with it.

I own 5.333 mineral acres on Section 29-23S-27E in Eddy County and the lease will be up soon, so I'm looking for offers. Also, does anyone know if there's been any oil, gas or mineral activity on or near the aforementioned section? Thx

Hello Everyone. I am actively looking for Eddy County acreage that is open or expiring soon. Please contact me to discuss.

Final update on my problem with my mineral rights. Our law firm Martin, Dougan and Martin have successfully defended our mineral rights. Thank you all for your interest and help.

Charlene Conlin

1 Like

Hi! My grandmother passed down mineral rights to my mother, who is passing it to my sister and me. We are trying to figure out exactly what mineral rights she owns in Eddy County and are having a difficult time as we live out of state and I can't seem to locate any type of online public search for mineral deeds. We were able to find she owns interest in 2 current producing wells, but we feel there is much more that she has in mineral rights. I'm new to the mineral rights world, so just trying to understand everything. She also owns mineral rights in another state, but I was able to do online searches and figure out easily what that was. How can I figure out what mineral rights she owns in Eddy County? Thanks to each of you for your help!

You won't be able to do much online in SE New Mexico. It is purposely kept non-digital by the powers that be.. You'll need a landman.

I've got a few names of guys I've hired down there. You can email me if necessary to bart@bartonoil.com.

Thank you Bart, I will email you.

Has anyone had any offers on their acreage in Eddy country? I recently received an offer of $20,000 for the royalty rights on my acreage. I haven't heard anything from my Landman, but something must be going on down there. Any help?

Well Nick, Eddy country is a pretty big place. Where are you at exactly?

If I may also inquire, on your $20,000 offer, how many net acres do you own royalty rights upon?

Never mind Nick, I see you answered that a year ago. As for any action down there...yes, here and there some action but nothing crazy.

Thank you Bart!

Does anyone know the fair going rate per acre for a mineral lease in Eddy County (North of Carlsbad, New Mexico)? I got offered $150 per acre for a 5 year lease.

That seems low to me and I don't want to tie it up for five years. Only done 3 tops, usually 2 on same land. The same group Panhandle Properties offered to buy righta at $750 per acre and that also seems low. Anybody have any idea for that area?

Lynn Barker that's seems low to me also. I have never sign lease for more than 3 years..

Lynn, where is your land exactly?

All my questions have been answered. I've "lawyered up" on the current happenings in the area. Glad I did. Over and out.

I'd say being 'lawyered up' sounds like an expensive problem to have, given your questions.