Eagle Ford Shale - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

EPD Starts Eagle Ford Transport - Analyst Blog

Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD) has finally completed the first phase of its Eagle Ford Crude Oil pipeline. The transport system has started accepting crude oil deliveries from the prolific Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas for the planned transmission to the Gulf Coast refiners.

The 24-inch diameter pipeline that can transport 350,000 barrels of light, sweet oil per day, extends 147 miles from Wilson County, Texas to Sealy, Texas. The pipeline has been linked with Enterprise’s Rancho pipeline at Sealy and is being connected with Gulf Coast facilities that include Enterprise Crude Houston (ECHO) crude oil terminal.

ECHO crude oil storage complex − with approximately 4 million barrels per day of refining capacity − is presently under construction at southeast Harris County. The initial deliveries of Eagle Ford Shale crude oil into Houston will likely coincide with the planned commissioning of ECHO in July 2012.

The ECHO facility is being developed as the leading delivery point in the Gulf Coast for the growing North American crude oil output and also offers shippers prospects to capitalize on their production. This terminal is in the vicinity of two crude oil pipelines, including the Seaway system, and offers shippers easy access to the world’s largest refinery and the Cushing storage and trading center. Recently, the Seaway pipeline came online and made its first crude oil delivery to Houston from the U.S. oil storage hub in Cushing, Oklahoma.

Seaway Crude Pipeline Company LLC is equally owned by the units of Enterprise Products Partners and Enbridge Inc. (ENB). This Seaway system also includes a terminal and distribution network that originates from Texas City, Texas, and serves refineries there and in the Houston region. Additionally, it includes dock facilities at Freeport and Texas City.

Phase II of the Eagle Ford Crude Oil system expands the partnership’s crude oil system into the far southwest portion of the Eagle Ford Shale. The phase consists of an 80-mile pipeline expected to be commissioned during the first quarter of 2013. It will extend from Wilson County to Gardendale, Texas, in La Salle County.

continued... http://finance.townhall.com/ticker/zacksinvestmentresearch/2012/6/11/epd_starts_eagle_ford_transport___analyst_blog

In my efforts to try and learn, and the best I can, keep an eye on my mineral rights interests in Atascosa County, I am wondering if anyone can help me with some information?.....I have some Mineral Rights in Atascosa County near Hwy 16 and FM 140 in the Simmons Subdivision (Farm Tract 5111).....I have shared lease agreements with both Cinco Natural Resources and EOG (including one well API number from EOG).....I am wondering if anyone knows if there is anything going on in that area (Good News?) or if someone might be able to direct me to someplace online to better be able to follow any activity in that area concerning my interests?....Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated....

Looking for a little help from folks on this forum. My name is Dan Parker, and I'm a reporter on staff with a weekly newspaper called the South Jetty, in Port Aransas, Texas. The paper concentrates on community news happening pretty much strictly within the city of Port Aransas, a beach town on the central coast of Texas. Economic impacts of Eagle Ford Shale extend far beyond where the drilling actually is taking place, of course. It's extending south, to our town. More folks are vacationing and buying or renting vacation homes in Port Aransas as a result of income related to Eagle Ford Shale, whether they're landowners with mineral rights or people involved, even indirectly, in drilling. I am trying to find a person like this to interview for this story I'm in the middle of writing now. I need only about 10 minutes on the phone with such a person. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you fit this description. (EDITED - USE the private messaging system to contact Dan). My deadline for finishing the story is noon Monday, July 16. Please contact me as soon as possible, since the deadline is close, and I'm really hurting for a contact like this. Thanks a bunch, y'all. Seeya in Port Aransas!

Is anyone else working with EOG and having trouble communicating. For two years we have been waiting for info on lease. The one time I actually talked with one of their land people she said there was money held in escrow on our accounts (my sister and myself) because the land interest percentages had not been finalized. I cannot get anyone to update me.

Has anyone been contacted by Petraland / Kana Energy Resource Services about leasing their land in Brazos county? If so, what is the rate being offered?

Also, Has anyone been contacted by Petramax about leasing land in Burleson county? If so, what rate are they offering?

thanks

Does anyone have any information on that status of the Seitel seismic survey being done in Fayette County? Have they started? Where will they be working in the next few weeks and months?

Hello, does anyone have contacts in the dimmit county, atascosa county, medina county and la salle county that can use fresh water for frac service ? . I also have or can have disposal wells ready for service. Looking to secure some contracts.l permits can or are already set up.

I have posted an article about online resources on the home page. If you think of any additions, add them to the comment box, please.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/internet-resources-for-mineral-owners

Interesting Stat from DUG in San Antonio -

Average Eagle Ford royalty rates peaked at 22% and have decline to an average of 20% last quarter

Did you know that your county tax bill from Karnes County gauges their tax on your well on what the well produced in January 2012? We received tax bills from the county and called and that is what they told us. Not really fair since the production from January has declined to about half of what it was in January and we still have to pay the high tax. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have royalty interest in piece of property in the SW corner of Atiscosia Co. It is leased to Cabot Oil. Does anyone have an idea or speculation about drilling activity there. I know most drilling is in the SE. Secondly, me lease with Cabot expires in a couple of months, does anyone have an idea of lease bonus amounts around there. Thanks for your help

Cabot has been very active drilling Pearsall Shale in the SE Frio County area. I am figuring that your area in within their Pearsall play outline as described in their Osaka JV agreement for Pearsall drilling.

Cabot has three rigs drilling right now in this area

If by chance Cabot doesn’t get some drilling started by February what do you think a reasonable lease bonus might be?

I really don't know and it would be personally imprudent for me to guess. Suggest you talk to surrounding mineral interest owners.

Also suggest you check on the "Eagle Ford Forum" - good site with lots of people who are in tune to things happening in both EF and Pearsall. I am a member of that site too.

http://eaglefordforum.com/

I don't know if it is appropriate to "promote" other sites on this site. If I am out of bounds with this, I apologize

I am in need of a good attorney in the eagle ford area that can do a good job of negotiating a lease with penn virgina, if anyone knows of one please let me know.

My advice to Mickie would be to educate yourself of the basic terms and conditions of a lease,i.e. bonus, royalty, number of years, Pugh clause etc. Then hire a reputable land man without any conflict of interest or a trusted experienced friend that knows the area and terms of similar leases. Negotiate the business points of lease with the lessor ( DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING) Then hire an attorney that specializes in oil and gas complete all legal documents based on your business points.

I ment lessee

Has anyone here used Hilltop Royalties to negotiate their leases? I came across their ad on Facebook. Their website is http://www.hilltoproyalties.com I called their number and they said that since I have already had a lease offer that their fee structure would be based on a % of the additional amount they were able to negotiate for my lease. They said that they would work with me to find a fee structure that I find agreeable, whether it be a percentage of bonus or percentage of royalty or both. Has anyone here used a company like this? My minerals are in Ward County but I am posting here since they said they focus on the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford. I am new to this website so if there is a better place to post this please let me know.

Thank you,

Janet

If ya have questions about leases, bonuses, etc, talk to an experienced Tax and oil and gas attorney. Don't let some slick land-man tell you that the leases (model 99, etc are al the same, they all have to be read in their entirety.

This is true, the AAPL says that no one really knows what a Producers 88 is. There is no standard lease. If you use the services of an attorney, always find out what the turnaround time will be. I have seen a post recently where a mineral owner missed out because the leased laid on the attorneys desk too long. All it takes is a dry hole or poor producing well to end the project.