Eagle Ford Shale - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/28/us-energy-giant-idUSTRE7BR0G420111228

Is there any drilling going on around Runge, Texas? My family has 300+ acres there.

Note to absentee landowners - - Be aware - - investment companies are filing suit to take property under Texas Adverse Posession Act.

I have minerals for lease in Webb County adjacent to the Rio Grande River. Any suggestions appreciated.

I own water in Webb County and am looking for an operator in need of water in that area. Any Suggestions?

My family owns mineral rights (no surface rightss) in Duval county,tx. I've read about people being offered bonuses of $2000-3000/acre. The property is about 180 acres, and we've only been offered $100/acre. Am I right in assuming that the bonus offer is based on the percentage of mineral rights owned?

My family has 375 + acres approximately 2 miles southwest of Runge, Tx on County Rd. 117. WE OWN THE MINERAL RIGHTS.....We have been approached by several different oil/gas companies in the past, but needed to get all family members aligned, which has been completed for several years. The folks that border our property have gas wells. We have a pipeline running through our property. To my knowledge, I do not believe seismic has been done on our property.

Susan, I left you a comment on your page and accepted your friend request if you want to email me about this.

I am hoping someone here can give me a ballpark idea on a fair bonus money payment.

We live in Illinois and own the mineral rights only to just under 20 acres in McMullen County. (Have a legal description, and I'm still trying to locate it on a map.) I've been contacted by a couple of landmen regarding a lease of our rights. One, from a company called Comstock offered $500 @ acre for the first 36 months as bonus money and a 20% royalty on sold production.

Don't want to hit a home run here, but I would like to be informed. Their lease also requires us to defend title, which confuses me. I would have thought they would purchase a title policy to insure the rights.

Any information will be gratefully accepted and appreciated. I would also appreciate any other sites you think I should review in these matters. Thank you.

can anyone give me an address on the mcclanahan property,i inherited a portion of this property and am trying to pin point the exact location...all i have is that it is in the john nesbit survey.......

If you call the tax office and give them the property ID that is on your tax statement, many times they can give you information on surrounding property and location.

Perhaps this is not the correct forum; please let me know if not. What I would like to know is whether there has been any lease activity in East Lavaca County--that is, East of Hallettsville. I own mineral rights, but not the surface.

I am involved with mineral leases for the first time with property in Karnes, Wilson and Atascosa counties. The first well was supposedly completed in late Dec. How long should it take to show production info on the TRRC site and when do you normally expect to see the first check? Thanks for any feedback.

It took 6 months to get division orders from EOG and our first check. Once you get a division order and send it in then you know your first check is on the way. Good luck.

We have 1000 acres available for lease in Gonzales County. Can I contact oil companies or do I have to go through an land service company???

J.D.

You can contact them directly, but your experience will depend largely on familiarity with terms, current prices, etc. A land co, auctioneer, or land lease investor are logical choices.

JD,

I have a map of EF referncing what major O/G companies have paid out in the form of land bonuses if this helps. Its about a year old though. E-mail me at lucio.cantu@remax.net.

Does a mineral owner have any recourse if all the acreage around his have been pooled, yet his was not leased? My folks are in the Northern corner of Dewitt County. To their knowledge, all of the land suroounding their 1 acre has been leased. They've never been contacted, though they confirmed they own the minerals.

Does anyone know what is required to be a working interest owner instead of a mineral interest owner only? My folks own the minerals to 1 acre in Northern Dewitt Country, TX. I would prefer to ante up and be a full working interest owner if the operator would let me in.

How often does the Railroad Commission update the reports so you know what came off your well for any given month? and how far behind do they run?

I saw in the local paper (victoria advocate) info on one of my wells, which I assume was its first day of pumping, and they said they found that on the RRC website, but I cant even find that myself. I have found the actual well, but its saying nothing was reported, and this well came online march 2012, the ones that came on in Jan or earlier are listed with reports up until April.