Drilling in Terry County

I thought it might be worthwhile to start a new thread. From reading the activity on Texas Railroad Commission there seems to be a lot of activity west of Brownfield, slightly south, at Tokia. It appears there are a number of wells being drilled (6-8) . There are also some well being drilled just north of Gomez. Some of these should be close to determining if oil was indeed hit.

tokio? anything near section 51?

That I could not tell you but most land men could. The way the Texas Railroad commission breaks down Terry County is by blocks that they give names. In the block that is Tokia most of the wells being drilled are central or east southwest of Gomez if that helps any.

Does anyone know if there has been any successful drilling around the Rich Lake area 8 miles northeast of Brownfield? I have been contacted by Threshold about my acreage and offered $350 per acre and 20% royalty.

Thanks.

Hello Robert Tilden,

Don't know abour any recent drilling activity in the Rich Lake area, but do know that 20% royality is too low. I think most are now paying 25%.

Robert Tilden said:

Does anyone know if there has been any successful drilling around the Rich Lake area 8 miles northeast of Brownfield? I have been contacted by Threshold about my acreage and offered $350 per acre and 20% royalty.

Thanks.

Does anyone know why DuBose's last posting to this group was deleted?

No, I don't know why it was deleted.

Robert Tilden said:

Does anyone know why DuBose's last posting to this group was deleted?

i appoligize to you I dealeated it because after thinking about what I said I needed to check before I spoke I know that there is activity around rich lake and meadow there has been above average price on lease moneys offered on some minerals.and there have been a couple of permits sumitted for mapping and I dont wont to muddy water for anyone.rumors are good but they cause problems. crazy I may be. but if you watch the movies there will be blood and stars fell over heneretta. friends. of mine was tec advisors on both movies and drilled in rrussa so loth of thoughts run through my mine. as E J Grey of Grey tool co told me one day you have to watch the oil man he will cut you then laugh at you for bleeding. I appoligize for speaking out of turn.

sec 61 block d14 app for re entry injection well the wells that have been drilled are being worked on to get the best production none to my knowledge have been plugged

Thank you dubose! I appreciate the updated info.

Robert Tilden said:

your welcome

robert and all you will not like this but it shows things that are going on sec 62 block e wagner&brown this info came to me today. the drilling rig we took picture of and sent to people drilled down to 4000 ft inthe time I think 4 weeks over ran there slush pitts twice they were told to rig down and leave locatation they have been replaced with another rig I dont know much more than this this comes to me second hand.

Robert Tilden said:

Hi dubose. Thanks for the update on that. I'm not sure what that indicates, that they over ran the slush pits twice? Is it possible they replaced it with another rig so they could change drilling techniques, go further down, or start plugging the hole? Thanks again for your thoughts.

robert you are probably right on I would be sure that they are changing techniques the story of over running pits may ben a ploy to hide the reasons for another rig we really need the drilling records etc.the fluids ran out of pits why many reasons but I was led to think that it was because the crew didnt know what there were doing,and that they were ask or told to leave but the other side of the coin.did they not wont everyone else to know that they hit good gas and needed to git a bigger rig to complete ,change technigues .they are in the area where in the 60 my uncle a driller of a lifetime experence of gas was drilling on grave yard and the well blew in blowing pipe out of hole he said it was a good one ,was mad as hell when he got back for his next shift and all oil and damage had been cleaned up new dirt hauled in and they told him to plug the hole , dry hole ,no gas he talked about it for years.how the oil was there with the gas and the company would not drill on his fathers place. the next day after the rig left land men who said that they worked with wagnor and brown more than doubled there offer on section west and north,where they had just let the lease expire month before.I think that I will start using baker hughues rig count to keep up with daily rig depth completions etc check out there site if you get time. there are other releasing in the area going on I hear. Havnt heard of a spudder being sent in to hold lease yet. this is still being done in new mexico,I have lunch ever now and then with a old fart like my self that is shuffling 3 cable tool rigs to hold leases.

Thank you e dubose! You are gem sir!

Anyone know the players...I own a construction company and would like to get it on the ground floor on pads, pits, etc. RAW apparently hit decent oil on the Meadow landfill (Norht part of Rich Lake). Concho is in the process of drilling 4 wells about a half mile north of 211 and a mile West of 168.

You can check the drilling permits in the area . I see a couple of operators out there. A company called Red Willow appears to have drilled at least 4 or 5 wells in the area and it my understanding they are in the producing oil now. I suspect we will start hearing about production numbers in the next 30-60 days. I am curious what the operators believe the EUR per well is. Does anyone know the spacing allowed in Terry County?

Any news on production? Anyone know the spacing out in Terry County?

all that I talk to seems not to know about production I am going over next week maybe I can find some one who knows about production .